Sunnats of Dressing Part- 2

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                     - Aameen.

SUNNATS OF DRESSING (Continuation)

S.26. Our Nabi (SAW) used leather socks both at home and when on a journey. (Tirmidhi- S.K. - Vol. 4 : Pg . 330 -331)

S.27. Shoes and the leather socks should be shaken, to dust off any insects etc. that may be lurking, before putting them on. (Majma ‘uz Zawaid - S .K. - Vol. 4 : Pg- 332)

S.28. Our Nabi (S.A.W) prohibited walking with one shoe only.

(Bukhari - S.K. - Vol. 4 : Pg . 322)

S.29. When wearing (shoes or) clothing to begin with the right and when removing them to begin with the left.

(Tirmidhi - S .K. - Vol. 1 : P g . 261 -262)

S.30. Shoes could be worn standing or sitting as per need – both ways are Sunnah. (S .K. - Vol. 4: Pg. 3 2 1 )

S.31. The Islamic method of wearing the shawl is to place the right end of the shawl over the left shoulder as against wearing both the ends over each of the shoulders. (S.K.-Vol. 1 :Pg. 273)

S.32. Du‘a when wearing clothes:

Alhamdu-lillahil-ladhi Kasaani Maa Uwaarii Bihii ‘Awraati Wa

Atajammalu Bihii Fee Hayaati

All praise is due to Allah Who clothed me with which I cover my shame and with which I add beauty to my life. (Hisn)

S.33. Nabi (S.A.W) would not throw away clothing until worn patched. (Tirmidhi- S.K. - Vol. 1 : P g . 305)

S.34. It is allowed to wear expensive clothing as an expression of gratitude for the bounties Allah has blessed one with (and not due to pride and ostentation). (S.K. - Vol. 1: Pg . 313-314)

S.35. Nabi (S.A.W) advised us to keep in mind those people who are poorer than us in the material world and those that are more pious and educated than ourselves in Deen (religion). (Tirmidhi)

S.36. Our Nabi (S.A.W) prohibited the wearing of silk and gold for men but permitted the ladies. (Abu Dawud- S.K. - Vol. l : Pg. 326)

(Similarly our Nabi prohibited men from wearing red and saffron coloured clothing). (Bukhari- S.K. - Vol l :P g . 298-301)

S.37. Our beloved Nabi (S.A.W) preferred white clothing. (Tirmidhi- S.K.-Vol. 1 : P g . 276)