I want to be with you

Start from the beginning

"Why now? I have been trying to talk to you about him all these years. What happened suddenly?" She said suddenly after my long pause.

"I met an angel." I said and looked at her. She was sitting next to me, listening to everything intently. Each time she thought I heard something bad she patted my back in comfort.

"I have to talk to you later. Bye Mom." I said and hung up before she showered me with her hundred questions about my last statement.

I tried to process everything she told me. I am an idiot, I try to push those people away from me who love me the most.

"I was wrong Cookie. He was there. He was there all the time for me. I am such an asshole." I said. I felt numb at that time. It was too much information to take in and I wished I could turn back in time and correct all the times I was an asshole to him.

A hand linked to mine and I looked up to see the angel giving me a smile of assurance. She was patting my back to comfort me and her eyes were telling me that it is all going to be okay.

"You have to call him Ayan. He must have not gone too far. Meet him. Tell me how much you regret it. I am sure he will be delighted to clear things out with you."

"You think so?" I was quite unsure if he wanted to even see my face again. I was pathetic to him and if somebody ever did that to me I would never even seen his face.

"Yes you idiot. You know you're a complete idiot. He was dying to talk to you. Give him a call."

Even when she called me an idiot, I loved it. She can call me all the stupid names in the world and I would sit there and wait for it.

This effect that she has on me is unbelievable. I have never felt so content and happy. She was still holding my hands and scrunching her nose in irritation like I am so stupid.

Damn, I can prove myself the stupidest creature on this planet if I see this cute face again.

"I love the word idiot now." I said out loud and she gave a shocked reaction and blushed. She tried her best not to but she sucks at hiding it. God, I love that blush.

"Stop fooling around Ayan, call him up." She said trying to change the topic as she was clearly embarrassed about blushing.

I dialled his number and took a deep breath. This it it. I have to speak to my father and tell him I was sorry. I loved him and missed him so much, its time to recover.

One ring

Two ring

Three ring

Nobody picked up. Maybe this time he was really upset about my behaviour and didn't want to speak to me. Just when I was about to hangup he picked up the phone.

"Hello, Dad." It felt so good to say the word Dad. It had been years since I said it and I realised how much I had missed him.

"Hello. Whose this?" I heard from the other side. I looked at the caller id again to make sure I dialled the correct number. I was right, it was him then who was this man that was picking up his phone in the middle of the night. Was he in trouble?

"Who the hell are you? Where is my father?"

"You must be Mr Ayan. Sir, I am Jacob, your father's secretary. I am very sorry to say Sir but your father's car has met with an accident. We are at the hospital and it would be great if you could come here." He said and the phone fell from my hands.

I fell down on the ground. I was filled with regret, guilt  and pain. This cannot be happening. Every time I try to get close to somebody something bad has to happen.