As You Requested

Bjorn hurried down the maze of hallways, excited to tell Rowan about his meeting with the man. It had given him hope that one day, maybe, he too could have a future with a woman, specifically her.

As he reached his door, he brought up his fist to knock lightly on the door until he remembered her words at dinner. Quickly, he slipped off his shirt, leaving him half naked in the corridor. To his embarrassment, one of Rowan's sisters exited her room a few doors down.

Her eyes grew wide at the sight of him. Bjorn sheepishly shrugged and knocked lightly on Rowan's door.

When she did not answer, he decided that it was probably better if he just let himself in rather than risking someone else seeing him shirtless in front of her door. With one smooth motion, he placed his hand on the doorknob and slowly entered her room.

The scent of cotton and pumpkin filled his nostrils and he scanned the area, looking for it's source. Two lit candles sat upon her dresser, flickering softly. He had heard of people mixing scents into waxes, but he and his men never really cared about making their homes or rooms smell pleasant. Must be a woman thing.

The smell immediately relaxed him and if instantly forgot about his embarrassment in the hall.

Drawing his eyes away from the flames, he spotted two large doors open leading to the balcony, and outside, was Rowan.

Even from this distance, he could see her long silver hair was loose and was blowing softly in the evening breeze as well as how the pale moonlight made her hair appear even whiter than it usually was. She was wearing a nightgown under a robe which also waved back and forth ever so slightly.

Indecent thoughts began to creep into Bjorn's mind as his eyes looked over the beautiful woman before him. Forcing himself to push the images of her laying under him from his mind, he began to make his way towards her. It will happen soon enough.

When Bjorn reached the balcony, he leaned against the elegant concrete barrier that acted as a railing. "One shirtless Rorik as you requested my lady," he teased, looking at her face for her reaction. When she only glanced at him and gave him a small smile before returning her gaze into the tree line, he immediately knew something was wrong.

"I'm sorry if I upset you. I tried to get her as quickly as possible," he offered, still looking at her face.

Rowan chuckled softly, "It isn't that Bjorn, though I wish it were that simple." She had contemplated whether or not to tell him of his father's visit, and decided that it was best if her knew.

"What's wrong?" Bjorn inquired, scooting a little closer to her so that their arms were slightly touching. The cold air bit at his skin.

Rowan let out a long sigh, then bit her lower lip. "I wasn't even going to tell you until I changed my mind right before you came in, but I figured it would be best if you knew what your father did."

Bjorn stiffened and clenched his jaw but remained silent. He knew that if he had laid a hand on her as he had done many times to himself that he would already know it by now.

"After I left the bathhouse, your father followed me to me room. He threatened me to stay away from you, and said that if I cared about you and the Glade then I would leave you alone and never speak to you again."

Bjorn stepped away from her and ran a hand through his tousled curls. I knew my father was a temperate man, but to threaten Rowan? The Glade? "Did he say anything else to you?"

Rowan shook her head, "Just a few insults and how we have no future together because of our kingdoms and that men and women should remain enemies."