More To Come

Rowan and Bjorn walked to Queen Lana's room. At first they realized that they did not know where it was located, and had to ask a guard they found in front of the throne room. Once he had given them directions on how to get there, they slowly took their time as they were both nervous about the private lunch and was a tad early for it.

Once they arrived at her door, Rowan sighed and knocked gently with her knuckles.

"Come in," she heard a soft, muffled voice say. Rowan looked behind her to Bjorn who motioned her forward. Sighing, she reluctantly opened the door and entered her mother's quarters. She was surprised at how identical her room was to hers as everything practically the same other than her bedding was a light crème color and her mother had a balcony, which is where she was located. The two French doors were opened wide, causing the curtains to gently flow in the breeze.

Bjorn followed Rowan across the room, inhaling the smell of roasted pheasant, potatoes, bread, and tomato soup, causing his mouth to suddenly water.

Queen Lana was standing outside at a table with a kind smile on her face. When Bjorn and Rowan reached her, the princess saluted her by balling her right hand into a fist and place it over her heart, bowing slightly. Bjorn contemplated in doing the same but decided against it as he figured it was only a Gladeswomen motion. In place, Bjorn slowly bowed as he normally would when facing his father, and only rose when he heard Queen Lana laugh.

"Rowan, Bjorn, you do not have to address me in such a manner today. I invited you to have lunch with me so please treat me as your mother and, "she started before pausing and looking at Bjorn, "a friend."

Rowan gave a curt nod and scooted out her wooden chair and sat down across from her mother, followed by Bjorn.

His eyes skimmed over the table, taking in the food before him. "This looks delicious," he said quietly to himself. Queen Lana let out a small laugh as she reached for the pitcher to pour herself a glass of lemon water, "Thank you."

Bjorn raised a dark eyebrow, confused, "Did...did you make this?"

Queen Lana nodded her head and sliced off a piece of bread from the loaf, "Aye, I did. I wanted to prepare a meal for you, the both of you, to show my gratitude," she started, turning to Rowan, "For staying resilient during your time in captivity and setting a good example of your Sisters," she paused and turned to Bjorn, "And for protecting and caring for my daughter."

Bjorn was shocked at Queen Lana's thoughtfulness and compassion, and even more so that she prepared such a meal on her own accord. He was at a loss for words, so he only bowed his head and began eating his soup silently, which tasted delightful.

"I did what any other Daughter would have done mother," Rowan said after swallowing a bite of roasted pheasant. She did not want to take credit for doing something that others would have done if in her position, much less expected of her.

Not wanting to press the subject, Queen Lana joined them in a comfortable silence and ate her food, talking in-between bites. "So Bjorn, I hear you are an excellent fighter. Tell me, are all Roriks as skilled as you?"

Rowan stifled a laugh and rolled her cerulean, knowing that this would only cause his already large ego to grow.

Bjorn let out a cheesy grin, and sat his spoon down beside to his bowl. "Most of my men are well trained, some more than others," he said arrogantly, before slowly dragging his eyes over to his silver-haired woman then again to her mother, "But I have to say that I have never seen a greater warrior than your women. I am very impressed if I am being honest."