Saviors

Warning: Slightly graphic

The crowd gasped as Lucian looked down at the arrow. Blood quickly stained his shirt, the spot growing larger by the minute. He grasped the shaft and pulled it out before collapsing onto his face, dead. Rowan looked at his body, then up to Blanche, whose eyes were wide with rage and fear.

Just then, another arrow came flying over the tall walls and pierced a woman through her throat. She sputtered and coughed blood before crashing to the ground. The people screamed and wielded their weapons, shouting orders to take cover as more arrows soared above.

Rowan didn't know who was attacking the fortress, but was thankful for them as they had saved her life.

Not wanting to waste her chance she quickly slipped her bound hands under her feet, bringing her hands in front of her and snatched Lucian's axe. It was heavy and she wished she had her own blade as the axe would tire her out quicker.

She quickly looked around for Blanche as she wished to wedge her weapon into her skull, but she was no where to be found. Rowan cursed under her breath as she skimmed the crowd.

Knowing that every second that passed was crucial, she placed the axe in-between her legs and began to saw through her bounds. When she was halfway through, a dozen grappling hooks flew over the walls and dug into the concrete. She couldn't help but to wonder who would be climbing over the edge, but knew she would find out at any moment.

Just as the axe's sharp blade completely cut through the thick ropes, a dark head popped over the wall. The man quickly skimmed the crowd who were now charging towards them. When his eyes fell onto the silver-haired woman before him, he felt relief fall over him. "Lady Rowan?" he asked quickly, hoisting himself over the wall.

Rowan scanned his body, not recognizing the man. He was in his mid thirties and had a large bow slung over his shoulder and a silver blade in it's sheath. Tattoos littered his skin that danced when his muscles flexed. She quickly nodded, confused. "I'm Leif from Rorik. Where is Bjorn?" he asked, pulling his great-sword by the hilt. Just then, a silver-headed woman popped up over the wall on the grappling hook beside him.

Rowan couldn't believe her eyes as a second Gladeswoman followed right behind her, then a third. Every second more Rorikmen and Daughters of the Glade climbed over the walls with weapons at the ready. A part of her wanted to break down as hope washed over her once she realized she would live, but she knew there was no time and needed to help with the battle. "He's in the dungeon. Go through the main doors and make a right, then follow the stairs. He should be in his cell. You'll need keys though," Rowan quickly told the man just as a man from Gwoirid reached them.

Leif shoved Rowan aside and drove his blade through the man's chest.

She gave him a quick nod of thanks and jumped from the platform, axe in hand.

All around her, men and woman caught to the death both against one another as well as their own gender. It was a sight to see, as Rowan had only dreams of such an image. This was probably the first battle where both genders fought in an entire millennium! There was no doubt this would go down in history, regardless of the victor.

A woman from one of the unknown kingdoms charged at Rowan, shouting a mighty battle cry. Rowan smirked and expertly stepped out of the way just as she swung her mace, enraging the woman. With each swing, Rowan either dodged her weapon or parried the blow. Finally she seen an opportunity and swiftly swung her axe, chopping the woman's hand off just at her forearm. She screamed as blood spurred out, dousing Rowan's face in the sticky metallic liquid. With wide eyes, the woman watched as Rowan raised her axe once more, this time bringing it down into her skull.