See Something You Like?

The next two days were absolutely dreadful for Rowan. The only times she was able to leave the bed was to relieve herself. Other than that she was strictly on bedrest. Bjorn would check on her every once in a while to reapply her medicine, but he was busy with the stable work and couldn't stay for long. Sure many of her friend's visited her to keep her company, but you can only stay in the confines of a tent for so long before you start feeling like a prisoner and get the itch to escape. One time when Rowan was going to the bathroom, she had lingered around the creek a bit too long and Tursa personally escorted her back to her bed all while chastising her.

Thanks to the medicine Ubba gave her, her wounds were healing drastically. Instead of looking only a few days old, it looked like she had obtained them weeks ago. On the third day, Bjorn took her to see Ubba before dinner. Walking hardly pained Rowan and for that she was thankful.

"Good evening Ubba," Bjorn greeted as he held open the maroon flap of the tent for Rowan. "Good evening Bjorn. Rowan if you could, please have a seat on the table and I will have a look at you," Ubba instructed. Rowan nodded and walked over to the tall medical table and eased herself onto it, then slowly lifted up her shirt.

Bjorn stood back with folded arms as Ubba unwound the bindings and examined the sutures.

"You're cousin Darsa was here yesterday. She has healed up rather nicely as have you," Ubba said to Rowan as he lightly poked her side.

Rowan frowned at his comment. Her cousin was cleared yesterday and has yet to visit her? She had heard her leg was not as severe as her side but she assumed once her cousin was able she would visit her. Apparently not.

"Come see me in three days or so and I'll remove the stitches. For now though, you are clear from bedrest," he said then walked over to his dresser and grabbed another vial of the orange paste, "Keep applying the medicine and make sure you take it easy for a while. I do not want you doing anything strenuous."

Rowan nodded and smiled, "Thank you for all of your help. I owe you greatly." Ubba smiled and waved her off, "'Tis one of my jobs. I enjoy helping people."

"Well I don't know about you two but I'm starving. Shall we go to dinner?" Bjorn asked causing Rowan's stomach to grumble. "I suppose that would be a yes," Ubba said chuckling as Bjorn helped her off of the table.

Together the three of them walked to the mass of tables and Ubba waved goodbye and joined Orthia, his mate.

"Bjorn, over here," shouted a familiar voice. The two turned around and spotted Horan waving his hand frantically looking rather silly. Rowan looked over he shoulder to Bjorn and he motioned her to go first.

"Long time no see," Horan said as the two joined the table. Darsa smiled at them as Arabella, Pruella and their mates sat beside them.

"You knew where I was holed up at. Would it have killed you to visit?" Rowan said teasingly. "Aye, I knew where you were. But my woman would have killed me if I didn't wait on her hand and foot," Horan replied grinning at Darsa, causing the others to laugh. She rolled her eyes and lightly slapped his arm but she could not conceal her blush.

"Why don't I grab you a plate? I'll be right back," Bjorn said as he stood up. Even though he had brought her three meals a day and kept them warm for her when she was napping it was a kind gesture. She watched him walk away and followed each move he made with her eyes.

She did not realize that Darsa was talking to her to her until she snapped her fingers in front of her face. "Hmm?" Rowan said, tearing her eyes away from Bjorn.

"I asked how you were feeling," Darsa repeated for the third time. "Oh," Rowan stated, "I'm feeling okay I suppose. How is your leg?"

Darsa shrugged her slender shoulders, "It's healing quite well. I've had worse. Ubba cleared me yesterday."