-V-

Two weeks passed. Work was easy.

Learning to be a barista and brewing coffee wasn't bad. It was actually rather relaxing.

Customers were annoying at times and work was too slow mostly but it was nice.

And the menu was simple.

Espresso. Americano. Latte. Iced Coffee. Tea bags and hot water.

Small batches of specials that she liked to do herself. Mainly sweets such as lemonade, special horchata latte or something else.

Other than the drink menu, everything else depended on the day or week. The desserts changed frequently according to what she was in the mood to bake.

Currently, we were making cheesecake and cookies in the back kitchen area.

The back area was small for more than three people but it was perfect for the two of us.

She was busy making the cheesecake as I waited for her to finish up so we can go home. It was a Saturday and the time was 5:45 pm. She was preparing for Sunday and for the next week.

We had already made the egg salad and tuna salad for the upcoming week and have done inventory. It had been a busy day but since I was there, she had help.

"I'm so glad you are here." She blushed as she looked up at me after pouring the cheesecake mixture into the graham cracker crusted pan I had done with her help. "This would have taken hours if you hadn't helped me."

"It wasn't too hard." I nodded at her as I took a step closer to her. I had never liked baking nor cooking but it wasn't bad. It was pretty fun with her. She liked to hover. "This is a lot though."

"Well, recently we've had so many more customers. We ran out the last few days of desserts so I just want to make enough. And the cheesecakes need to be in the freezer anyway."

Her eyes sparkled thinking about the recent boom in business.

"You seem happy." I statedmy observation.

"I am. I don't regret hiring you." She giggled. "The girls in town love you."

"I don't think they are here for me." I sighed. I had a feeling she wasn't getting any of the hints I was dropping in front of her.

God...she was oblivious.

I already knew what she was thinking. Trying to set me up with one of the girls that was coming frequently now, almost everyday. It was illegal, they were probably underaged. But it was like her, she still probably loved reading romance comics and those sappy romance books. Never found out why she liked them so much but she did.

"They are. They want to see your handsome face. I'm so glad you're such an eye candy." She chuckled, her voice ringing in my ears melodically, lulling me closer to her. She had not realized I had been closing in on her.

Truthfully, I had not even known I was doing that. Damn, there was just something about her that pulled me to her.