"The Oblivion."-Chapter Eleven

Instability

"The Oblivion."-Chapter Eleven

"What exactly is this place that we have to go to called again?" I asked Cooper as we headed towards the cafeteria table in the center of the room with Pizza on our trays. I've been hanging out with the guys a lot lately during these past two and a half weeks and have become more skilled and close to them.

"This place is called The Oblivion and we-" as he said this he pointed to the seven of us, Alexander, Liam, Ethan, James, Ka'cean, Cooper and I. "Must work together to get to the end of the mission. It is rather difficult and will take a great need for oodles of training and through training. I revise strictly to stick together in this mission and focus on what your thoughts are trying to tell you." He said in a serious tone.

We all nodded in agreement and for the next eleven days to push our abilities to the maximum to guarantee that we can get through this mission in one sitting. Even though it is going to be long-winded and probably take several hours. I studied textbooks, other people's thoughts, every genre I could think of, I worked my butt off just preparing for this important mission to prepare us for the uproar that lies ahead that is ready to strike at any moment.

I lay sprawled out on my bed, I let out a quiet sigh I'm so excited, nervous, stressed, scared, and submerged in my thoughts of the mission. I have a feeling something is very wrong and won't go right. But I'll never know unless I go. And the guys will protect me, right?

Not wanting to dwell on the situation any longer, I turn over and sigh into my pillow as my phone gets a text message.

I roll over and grab the cool metallic cell phone into my hands. It reads-

'Open the door'

As I read it I grew more and more confused as a soft knock is planted on my door. I get off the bed and stroll over to unlock it and open it... and I see Cooper.

His face reads 'unsure' as he greets me with an almost inaudible "Hello."

I give him a big grin and step over to the side so he can come in. These last couple of weeks we have gotten closer and I'm starting to grow surer that we've become stronger then what we were eleven years ago. I still think he forgave me too quickly and should've let my mind run loose on how he never would forgive me.

He cuts through my thoughts with-" Don't say that about yourself. I've also come here to say a good job on your training and you have become stronger than a lot of teens who've been here way before you."

His face started to grow red as he began his next sentence. "I-uh wanted to-uh to ask if yo-you want t-to uh go... on a date." He began to trail off as his face resembled a tomato and he looked away. With a smile plastered on my face, I finished his sentence. 

"Cooper Lee Edmund Jones, are you asking me out on a date?"

He scoffed, "No... Maybe I-I mean would you?" He seemed confused and at a loss for words. He shook his head and said, "Just nevermind the whole situation. Ok?"

Before he could walk out of the room I grabbed his forearm and pulled him into a tight hug. I whispered in his ear "I'd love to."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had straightened my shoulder length hair and taken a shower and I dressed in a white jumper with some black leggings, I was all set to go.

As Cooper and I drove in his Mustang to our 'surprise' date I couldn't stop but thinking about all my life has been a lie. My mother had fed me lies as a child about how if I kept acting out because my father was no longer around She would banish me to the other side. But so far it's freaking awesome over here. It's exactly the same as the other side but I seem to have more freedom and friends over here. I feel free and nobody can tell me what to do. I feel like I just might stay after all this is done and over with.