"Just like you and I."-Chapter Nine

Instability

"Just like you and I."-Chapter Nine

Cooper Edmund James turned on his heel and walked over to a door. He leads me inside to what seemed to be an interrogation room. Oh, how thrilled the sight made me jump in joy. Not. He gestured for me to sit and I silently obliged. We are no longer the friends we used to be, how I wish we could bring back those joyous days.

BANG.

He snapped me out of my thoughts as he slammed his hands on the table. "Let's get down to business, shall we." With a crooked smile, the whole room seemed to shake in his presence.

I nodded in response.

"Let's start with eleven years ago, The night of my eternal living hell." His eyes were cold, dark and held no emotion.

I gulped as the fear in the pit of my stomach began to rise and the memories of that night began to rise over the top and I felt as if I couldn't hold back the guilt anymore.

"I'm so sorry Coop, I didn't know. I didn't know any better and-and I wasn't thinking when I told them about the experiments and labs and everything that was going on. Just please forgive I'm sorry...I'm guilty... I'll do anything to regain your trust as long as we can be friends again. Please, Co-"

His eyes held sorrow and sadness for a split second then snapped back to no emotion as a gesture of his hand arrested my wary voice to match the silence in the room and looked up at me with a sly smirk. He said but two words, "I know." Just said, 'I know.' Wait that's it? Cooper was always a cool-headed guy but not this cool.

I looked at him stunned and confused.

Then he carried on, "That's why you'll help me carry out the mission to help un-barry Uncle Daniel's work and untwine the dark secrets the government has buried deep down and you must train with us to take them down. I have shown the people who live in this mansion the ways of speaking through your mind and thoughts. Just like you and I, they will help carry out this mission from here. But I will take a few of them with me along with you. You cannot escape this place because there are highly trained members of this facility everywhere. So don't even try. Keep that in mind. You either do this willingly or forced, the hard way or the easy way. Your choice."

He patted me on the shoulder and walked towards the door and turned the doorknob. He looked over his shoulder and said, " Meet me in the room right across the hall in ten minutes to begin your training if you choose to do this the easy way. If not, guards will barge in here and force you to.  The clock's ticking."

Then shut the door that was now behind him with great force.

After five minutes of non-stop strategizing on how to plan an escape route I gave up and said there's no use and no way out.

So I got up and slumped over to the door across the hallway. I stopped in front of it as I slowly twisted the cold metal knob and pushed it open slowly to reveal a room full of weapons and Cooper in the midst of it all. What have I gotten myself into?

A/N: Things only get more interesting from here :0

Like

Share

Comment

Vote

:)