Chapter 1 - Perfume, Weed and Alcohol

Jackie couldn't do much except look at the broken pieces of the white porcelain dinner plate cross the floor. He turned his attention to the broken wall and wondered whether or not he should get someone to fix it. 

"Are you kidding me? Do you think I actually wanna live here? Are you kidding me? Are you-"

A sky blue vase followed the dinner plate, making another bang against the plaster wall; the crack on the wall increased in length. The shards darted across the wooden floor.

The bang interrupted Jackie's trail of thought. Examining the further damage caused by the vase, he swore silently to himself. Crouched down and pressed against the coffee table in the living room, he shifted his focus on the tedious situation which has literally just walked through the front door.

A young woman stood before him, swaying from side to side, like a tree in the Caribbean wind. Her usual sharp, focused brown eyes rolled around in her head as if she was half paying attention, half elsewhere. Her dark brown Peruvian hair (Jackie remembered her saying), styled in a middle part hung untidily against her shoulders. Her bright ruby red lipstick stood out against her chocolate complexion.

Jackie looked her outfit she had on. Even when drunk, she still managed to retain some form of elegance. She wore a simple white tank top which covered her huge bust and tiny waist, accompanied with a gold collar necklace around her slim neck and an orange blazer, the sleeves rolled up partially. A fairly large gold coloured Michael Kors watch rested on her left wrist and she held a rectangular black clutch bag, decorated with small silver lines, shooting across the edges and meeting towards the centre where a large shiny silver coloured buckle sat, beside her hip.

His eyes trailed down to her lower waist. Her baby light blue slim fit jeans exaggerated her waist; complimenting her unbelievable curves. Jackie gazed for longer than a moment and completed the viewing by staring at her black open toe sandal high heels, exposing her fresh white polished toenails.

The hormones which elated Jackie stopped in full flow as Jenny faltered taking an awkward step backwards.

Jackie leaned forward, ready to steady her.

No, you stay away from me!' retorted Jenny as she stepped away from him.

The aroma that followed stung Jackie's nostrils. Heavy alcohol hung around Jenny as well as the noticeable smoky smell of marijuana mixed with her Lady Million perfume.

"I think you should drink some water and go to bed." said Jackie, unable to hide his disappointment.

"Are you listening to me?" Jenny asked.

"You know how I feel about you smoking and drinking and stuff!"

Jenny grabbed another plate from the box in front of her and threw it on the floor.

"I hate this place! I mean, look at it!" she shouted.

 Jackie stared blankly at the drunk, angry woman.

Annoyance stirred within Jenny's stomach.

"Stand up and look around, you idiot!"

Jackie's breathing began to quicken. He fought with himself to relax and remain calm, for Jenny had a tendency to speak without thinking. At this point, Jackie rose up, carefully looking at the drunken mess in front of him and obeyed, braced for any more breakable objects she may bring out from the large box labelled 'FRAGILE' that sat by her leg.

The living room hardly had any furniture; only a cheap brown couch and a small outdated television which Jackie had purchased two days ago. Also, there were the odd floral pictures that hung lazily on the wall. Several boxes took most of the space; one labelled 'KITCHEN SUPPLIES' was placed by the entrance of the kitchen and another one filled with garden tools tucked right in the furthest corner of the room. On top of the maple coffee table, the one Jackie was hiding behind, stood a tiny cream coloured clock.