Regret

Coming upon the front door of Jungkook's house, I weakly knocked on it and waited for him to open it.

After a few seconds, the door gradually opened and revealed Jungkook, his face instantly becoming anxious at the sight of my extremely puffy eyes and distressed expression.

He forcefully pulled my arm towards him and inside his house, immediately shutting the door as he turned around to face me.

"Alright, what did that asshole do to you?" He asked in a rather serious tone, as if he was clearly reading my mind.

Already tired of crying over Taehyung, I just simply smiled at Jungkook with a completely broken expression.

"He has a baby with another girl."

Jungkook's jaw dropped in utter shock, disbelief, and disappointment in Taehyung.

"You're kidding me..." He muttered as he slowly shook his head, unable to believe the extremely despicable and atrocious betrayal Taehyung committed.

I slowly shook my head with my head hanging low, sorely biting my lower lip to endure my mental pain.

"And as much as it hurts to admit, my heart still chooses to love him." I admitted, my voice trembling as I poured out my dejection into my words.

"I love him so much to the point my love is tearing me apart."

~ Jungkook's POV ~

Is she serious?

"He lied to you a thousand times, he hurt you twice as much, and you're still gonna tell me you still love him? For what, breaking your heart?" I asked in disbelief, extremely amazed at her loyalty to that worthless bastard.

"It was my fault for falling for him. If it wasn't for me and my stupid heart choosing him, I wouldn't be so broken, dejected, or in extreme pain right now." Aera weakly stated, her tears dripping down from her eyes and onto the ground.

"You can't keep punishing yourself for his inability to live up to the promises he made to your heart. It's not your fault." I assured, my heart truly aching from the fact that she was blaming herself for something that obviously wasn't her fault.

Watching Taehyung brutally hurt the girl I loved really, really pissed me off.

Aera just continued to hang her head low, her shoulders quivering as she silently cried her heart out, wiping her tears away from time to time.

Alright, I cant take this anymore.

I furiously clenched my fists, turned back around, and vigorously opened my front door.

"W-Where are you going?" Aera reluctantly asked.

"To teach that asshole a little lesson." I said without looking back at her, exiting my house as I forcefully shut my door and headed over to Taehyung's house.

But as I was ragingly walking down the sidewalk while burning up with extreme fury, I noticed a familiar figure hastily running towards me.

It was Taehyung.

"Jungkook! Have you seen Aera?! I've looked everywhere for her but I cant find her!!" He worriedly said, acting as if he actually cared about her.