Trust

2 weeks had passed since I've started tutoring Taehyung, and we've become pretty close to be honest.

He's like the only person in school who actually cares for me, talks to me, and makes me happy.

I actually look forward to going to school everyday, thanks to Taehyung.

Right now, I was currently walking along the soccer field since it was break time, just so I can watch Taehyung play soccer.

Not gonna lie, he looked extra handsome when he was playing on the field.

Taehyung suddenly kicked the ball with all his strength, causing it to swiftly pass through the goalie, and straight into the goal.

The small audience of his obsessive fangirls were cheering like they've gone crazy, screaming their lungs out as they jumped up and down.

Knowing I had to hide the fact that I had a crush on him, I silently cheered for him, standing as far as I can away from them.

Suddenly, I noticed Taehyung turn his head towards the audience, eagerly looking around as if he was looking for a specific person.

But as his eyes met mine, his adorable box-like smile appeared on his face, causing my cheeks to instantly turn into a light shade of red.

Was he actually happy that I witnessed his goal?

Did he know that I secretly watched him play soccer everyday?

Feeling slightly embarrassed, I couldn't hide my smile from the utter joy that was fluttering inside of me.

Suddenly, there was a loud scream that came from the crowd of girls.

"Jungkook!!!" They all shouted worriedly, causing me to hastily look around the field to see what all the commotion was about.

There laid Jungkook in the center of the soccer field, tightly holding onto his bleeding leg with an extremely painful expression visible on his face.

Taehyung hurriedly rushed over to his side and carefully examined his injury, and I could see him repeatedly telling him "it's okay."

Then he suddenly turned around to the crowd and looked directly at me, gesturing me to come over to him with his hand.

I hesitated, but I hurriedly rushed over to Taehyung and Jungkook's side to help them with anything I could.

"What do you need?" I eagerly asked Taehyung, anxiously looking at Jungkook to see if he was okay.

His injury didn't seem as bad, but he still seemed like he was suffering from great pain.

"Aera, I'm going to help Jungkook get to the bench, and I need you to treat his injury for me. Since you treated my hand, I'm sure you can do this for him right?" Taehyung said in his calmest tone possible, but it was obvious from his facial expression that he was beyond anxious and worried about his best friend's injury.

"Yeah, don't worry." I assured as I replied with a nod.

Reaching the bench, Taehyung carefully situated Jungkook down on it, quickly grabbing the first aid kit that was in his duffle bag.

He handed it over to me and gave me a small nod, thanked me, and ran back to the field.

I took out some disinfecting wipes and a roll of bandage, bent down in front of Jungkook, and gently held his leg with my left hand.

But suddenly, he forcefully moved his leg away from my grip, grumpily folding his arms as he looked away from me.

What the hell?

What's his problem?

I let out a sigh, not in the mood to deal with his rude attitude all over again.

"Look, I know you hate me for some apparent reason, but I'm not going to just leave you while you bleed the hell out of your leg Jungkook. Just let me treat it alright?" I said.

I guess he couldn't bear his pain any longer, because he eventually gave in and timidly returned his leg in it's original position.

I began to carefully treat his leg, being cautious of not brushing against his injury.

Wiping the blood off of it with the disinfecting wipes, he winced in pain but tried his best to endure it.

"You know, you're actually not that ugly Aera." He suddenly spoke up, causing me to scoff in disbelief.

"Gee, thanks." I replied in a sarcastic tone as I continued to clean his injury.

"And, uh..." Jungkook reluctantly muttered as he suddenly became silent, as if he was stuck in his words.

"What?" I asked.

"I-I'm sorry about what I said to you on the day I first met you... I've never seen Taehyung actually depend on a girl before, and seeing how much he trusted you, I realized that he genuinely and honestly thought of you as a friend." He said, shyly rubbing the back of his neck as he apologized to me for his hostile action towards me a few weeks ago.

I let out a small chuckle, slightly shaking my head as I smiled at him.

"It's okay Jungkook, I forgive you. I don't blame you for being so protective over Taehyung. I mean, almost every girl in school has a crush on him, you're not the only one who criticized me for liking him."

Jungkook stayed silent for a while, and suddenly let out a weak laugh.

"Man, I feel so bad now." He said as he hung his head low in utter regret.

"You know Aera, you're actually a really good person."

Extremely touched by his kind compliment, I couldn't help but let out a laugh. 

"It's so weird to hear that from you, but thanks Jungkook." I said as I gave him a warm smile.

After I finished treating his injury, I lightly patted it and stood up.

"There you go."

"Thanks." Jungkook said as he slightly swayed his injured leg back and forth, testing it to see if he was able to walk or not.

As I was about to turn around to leave, he suddenly stopped me as he loudly shouted my name.

"Aera! Wait!"

I turned around and looked at him with a puzzled expression plastered on my face.

"What?" I asked.

"Friends?" Jungkook eagerly asked, a genuine smile slowly creeping onto his face.

I chuckled, turning back around as I gave him a small wave.

"Whatever."