Bitter Truth

~ The Next Day ~

"Achoo!"

Sneezing for like the ten-millionth time today, I snuggled into my blanket as I curled up into the ball.

Alright, I'm sick.

Good thing today was Saturday so I didn't have school.

I really regret not drying myself up after the rain yesterday.

I was too caught up in uh, my little love affair with Taehyung.

Just remembering the incident that happened yesterday caused my heart to flutter, flushing my cheeks as my body tensed up.

Feeling my entire body flaring up even more, I let out another vigorous sneeze.

"Okay, I need to go to the doctor."

~ At The Hospital ~

Timidly entering through the automatic doors of the hospital, my entire body quivered with the cold air that brushed against my skin.

Taking baby steps towards the line of the counter to make my appointment, I suddenly stopped in my footsteps as I noticed an extremely familiar figure sitting down at a couch not so far away from me.

I squinted my eyes to get a clearer view of that person, only to realize it was Taehyung.

What's he doing at the hospital?

He was just situated in front of a room, displaying a rather anxious expression on his face.

Deciding I should say hi to him, I took a step forward with my heart filled with great excitement, until I suddenly froze at the sight of a woman come out of the room in front of Taehyung, the two of them vigorously attacking each other with a joyous hug.

And the thing is, the woman was pregnant.

She was around my age, obviously seeming to have a very close relationship with Taehyung.

Trying not to overthink anything, I just shook it off and assumed it was probably just his relative or something.

But suddenly, Taehyung crouched down and eagerly placed his ear on the woman's pregnant stomach with an extremely cheerful expression plastered all over his face, as if he was trying to listen to the baby inside.

Displaying the biggest smile he had on his face, he stood back up and embraced her in his arms, the two of them sharing a loving, affectionate hug.

Alright, that's it.

I know exactly what's going on here.

Extreme rage boiling up inside of me, I furiously stomped over to Taehyung's side and stopped in front of him, swinging my hand at him as I gave him a hard slap on his face.

The woman beside him gasped in shock, obviously taken back by the fact that some random chick just came up to her beloved 'lover' and slapped him out of nowhere.

"Taehyungie! Are you okay?!" She worriedly asked, tightly holding onto his arm as he slowly stood back up while holding his now-red cheek.

'Taehyungie' huh.

They sure are close aren't they?

Taehyung just stared at me in utter bewilderment, probably confused at why I had just hit him.

But following the direction my raging gaze on the pregnant woman, he finally realized what I was so furious about.

"A-Aera... it's not what you-"

"Before you spill some irrelevant bullshit out of your mouth, care to explain why you're here at the hospital with a fucking pregnant woman? What, is she some secret lover you happened to hide from me this whole time? Was I just some back-up plan to you?" I furiously asked, my eyes burning with the great anger that was filling up inside of me.

"Aera, I-I can explain-"

But as Taehyung was about to make up some sorry ass excuse of his, the woman beside him gently grabbed onto his arm, innocently looking up at him with curious eyes.

"Tae, who is she?" She asked, causing me to let out a disbelieved scoff.

"I was his girlfriend. But sorry, I wasn't aware of the fact that he already had a girlfriend who he apparently had a baby with." I stated, irritatedly eyeing the woman and her large, pregnant belly.

"Aera please, just listen to me-"

"No Taehyung, you fucking listen to me." I said as I immediately cut him off, vigorously pushing my hand against his chest as I forcefully shoved him.

"You were never the one, this was never love, and we were never meant to live happily together. I thought the genuine affection and passion we had was real, but it never was to you." I stated, shaking my head in utter disappointment as hot tears gradually began forming in the corners of my eyes.

"I've accepted my fate, my punishment for allowing you to reenter my life without good reason. Your hidden motives and bad intentions revealed to me once more, after you took what you wanted, leaving me feel empty and filled me with the regret of believing in you again." I weakly said as my lips quivered from the great distress that was overwhelming me.

Taehyung just stared at me with his mouth attempting to say something, but not a single word coming out of it.

His silence made it obvious, that everything I had just stated was the bitter truth.

A single tear trickled down my cheek, but I immediately wiped it off and gave the two of them the best smile I could display.

"Congratulations on your baby."

With that, I hurriedly turned around, walked away from them, and exited the hospital.

Once I was out of their sight, my legs went completely weak as I crouched down onto the ground, tears full of utter regret and dejection bursting out of my eyes.

I weeped like a little lost child, crying over the betrayal of my beloved boyfriend, the source of happiness in my life, and the only person that kept me going.

Kim Taehyung.

I gave up on trying.

I gave up on attempting to find the slightest bit of trust in him, earnestly hoping that he wouldn't abandon me and actually love me, like he always claimed he did.

I can't force him to be faithful, loyal, and honest. I can't make him appreciate everything that I am. But I can force him to live without me, as I invest my time in someone better than him.

He turned his back on me two times, and that was surely enough.

I've had enough of his bullshits, his sweet words that tricked me into falling me for him, and his passionate kisses and touch that never meant anything to him.

I meant nothing to him, while he actually meant the world to me.

But I guess I wasn't good enough all along.

I was just simply living in a false illusion this whole entire time.