Unfair

Walking back to class after my reconciliation with Chaeyeon, I was suddenly stopped by a shout of my name from behind.

"Aera!"

I turned around to see Jungkook hurriedly running towards me, a worried expression plastered on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"What's with all the commotion going on about you and Taehyung?" He curiously asked, slightly panting from looking all over for me.

"Oh, you haven't heard? Taehyung and I are dating."

~ Jungkook's POV ~

Upon hearing what Aera had just told me, my heart shattered into a million pieces.

Taehyung... and Aera... are dating?

I mean, I knew this was going to happen, but it still hurt like hell knowing that it was actually true.

My best friend was dating the most untrustworthy, ruthless playboy I knew.

Taehyung says he changed, but I still don't trust him, even with a single bit of my heart.

He broke her heart once, and that definitely crossed the line.

Aera wasn't even a "friend" to me anymore.

When I realized it, I was already falling for her.

She might not have been my first love, but she was the love that made all the other loves irrelevant.

Despite the fact Aera's heart completely belonged to Taehyung, my idiot heart still decided to fall for her.

I knew she was taken.

I knew she was in love.

I offered up myself, but she declined, she said no with her actions towards me that obviously indicated I was merely just a friend to her.

Her devotion and passion for Taehyung is so much stronger than anything anyone could ever offer her.

"Kookie, are you okay?" Aera suddenly asked as she waved her hand in front of me, instantly snapping me back from my thoughts.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine." I reluctantly answered, trying my best to hide the bitter agony and sadness that were gradually filling up my heart.

"Anyways, congrats Aera. I'm happy for you." I said while faking a smile, gently giving her a pat on her head.

A warm, affectionate smile appearing on her face, she looked up at me with nothing but happiness and joy visible in her eyes.

"Thanks Kookie."

Giving her one last smile, I turned around and left her.

Gloomily dragging my feet as I walked down the hall with my hands in my pocket, I took a deep breathe and looked up at the ceiling, trying to escape myself from this negative feeling I felt.

I'm just a friend to Aera.

She'll never like me back, nor see me the way I see her.

I have to move on.

I had no intentions of troubling her by telling her how I truly felt about her, because I knew the result wasn't going to end happily.

I'll just continue to be that supportive, generous friend that I've always been to her.

She liked Taehyung, not me.

I have to face reality.

I have to move on.

~ After School ~

~ Aera's POV ~

Eagerly searching for Taehyung since I wasn't able to speak to him at all this entire day, I was suddenly forcefully pulled into the janitor's closet.

As I was about to scream for my life, the person quickly hovered his hand over my mouth and shut me up.

"Shhh, it's just me."

Oh, it's just Taehyung.

"W-Why did you pull me in here?" I reluctantly asked, a bit terrified of the dark, lightless room.

"Because no one would attack us here." He said as he suddenly threw a sweater to me, startling me a bit.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Wear that so no one would know it's you. I'm taking you out on a date." Taehyung said as a big, joyous grin gradually formed on his face.

I gasped in utter excitement.

"Really?"

"Yes really, now hurry and wear the sweater before we get caught." He said.

I hurriedly wore the extremely over-sized sweater he lent me.

"Act natural." Taehyung instructed, as if we were going to war or something.

He gently took my hand and led me along with him, causing me to slightly blush but I quickly hid my face with the hoodie of the sweater.

As Taehyung had said, none of the girls even bothered to approach us or attack us like they did this morning.

Safely reaching the exit of the school, Taehyung suddenly tightly embraced me in his arms, squeezing the hell out of me as he swayed me from side to side.

"Ahh, I couldn't wait to hug you this whole day." He shyly muttered, causing my cheeks to slightly flare up.

To be honest, it really did suck knowing that I wasn't going to be able to show any affections or even converse with my boyfriend in school.

But as long as he loved me, I was okay with it.

"I love you." I muttered, burying my extremely red face in Taehyung's uniform.

I felt his body tense up a bit, and I could clearly hear his heart beating out of his chest.

He let out a deep sigh as he gently placed his head on top of mine, his embrace on me tightening even more.

"Please don't say unexpected things like that, my heart wont be able to take it..." Taehyung shyly muttered, causing me to chuckle from his cute reaction.

As we slowly pulled apart from each other, he suddenly gave me a quick peck on my lips, causing me to look at him in utter shock.

"I love you too."

My entire face burned up from his sudden remark and I hurriedly covered my face out of great embarrassment.

"You're unfair." I grumpily muttered, causing Taehyung to let out a laugh.

"Now we're even." He said.