Chapter 10

Betty's Pov:

People say when a grenade goes off it bursts into a million pieces and sets fire. A fire so strong that it has to go out with time not water. Right now my grenade was my heart. Broken, destroyed and shattered. My fire was Jughead. He was the fire that happened when my grenade burst. It wouldn't take some water to fix the pain straight away. It would take time. Jughead ran to the trailer we're I was. When he was right in front of me I lifted my phone to his face and showed a picture. A picture of Toni and Jughead kissing. "Betty, I can explain'' I didn't say a word and I couldn't even look at Jughead. I lifted my head with my eyes full of tears and walked out. Jughead quickly shut the door so I would be trapped inside with him. I wasn't interested to talk or even look at him. So I ran into Jughead's room and locked the door. I felt Jughead pound into the door before I heard him sliding down sitting at the bottom. "Betty" Jughead says I could hear his voice begin to change "please. Please, open up" he was crying. Never have I ever seen Jughead cry. My heart felt pain so I opened up the door to see Jughead sitting there with tears on his cheeks. He stood up and wiped them away and explained everything to me. At first I didn't know if it was true but I went with his word. I could tell he wasn't lying because when he lies he looks away but right here right now he's eyes were in all contact with mine. "Juggie'' I say as my words slowly come back to me. "Toni messaged me saying the only way I could be a serpent was is I broke up with you or made out with Sweet Pea"

Jughead's Pov:

I never wanna see me and Betty go through that much drama ever again. And the fact that Toni knew Betty wouldn't do any of what she said so she kissed me so Betty would leave me is crazy. I was full of anger, And Betty was mostly upset. She tried to break up Betty and I and I'm sick of it. It's time to come clean and to tell the serpents. "Betts, tomorrow we're telling the serpents" Betty froze and looked at me strange "Telling then what?" Betty was adorable when she was clueless "about us, me and you" she smiled but then looked worried "I thought they wouldn't approve" Betty says. "They will if we make you a serpent." Making Betty serpent would mean a lot. But it would mean that Betty and I could do whatever and not have any problems. And if Sweet Pea or Toni tried anything we would have the serpents on our side. "Betty, this will work I promise" she smiled and we kissed. But shortly after we both pulled away to the sound of a message going on my phone.