Who is Mr. Sunday?: Part 5

Start from the beginning

"I don't mind as long as you join me there,"  said Machhi, flashing a wolfish grin at Helen.

"You know the Rig Veda, don't you?" said Sun God to Mr. Sunday, continuing to not make eye contact.

"Yes, Surya Devata," said Mr. Sunday in reverence, a hint of a smirk briefly crossing his face.

"What does 1:155:4 say?" continued Sun God, his voice suddenly louder.

"There they go!" said Machhi. "Can you feel that tension?"

Helen exhaled audibly through her nose, continuing to look in the direction of the stage.

"Tat suryasya devatvam tan mahitvam madhyaa kartoh vitatam sam jabhaar; yadedam yukta haritah sadhasthaa daadraatri vaashah tanute simasmai," replied Mr. Sunday.

"Do you know what it means?" asked Sun God.

"Yes Surya Devta; it means it is your importance, power, and divinity that you set in the west leaving behind unfinished works without worries, collecting back the rays you spread all around in the morning," replied Mr. Sunday.

"So what I was saying is you forget this Vinay fellow; we'll do an audition at my house if that works for you," whispered Machhi.

Helen's stance tightened and her fingers started making small, jittery movements. 

"You are just pretending to be engrossed in this stupid play, aren't you?" whispered Machhi.

"Shhh!" said Helen.

"Thus, Sun God explained to Mr. Sunday," said the voice-over artist. "That humans must follow the path of karma and dharma--karma is a person's actions bringing about either positive or negative results in the current life or in a future life through reincarnation, while dharma refers to ethics, moral duty, and the divine law that governs the cosmos, as well as to a person's individual nature and soul path."

"Well?" persisted Machhi.

"Dude, you'd better back off right this now because you are irritating the hell out of me," said Helen, continuing to gaze toward the stage, starting to tap her right foot.

"Humans must practice kshama, that is forgiveness," continued the voice-over artist, "meaning that they must ask for forgiveness from those who they have wronged and forgive those who have wronged them and tread the path of ishvara pranidhana, that is, surrender their individual ego identities and the desire to control everything around them."

"Bullshit," Helen muttered under her breath.

"Exactly, right?" said Machhi.

"Shut up; I wasn't talking to you," said Helen, clenching her teeth. 

"But I heard you my dear, and I agree that this is all bullshit and that we must go someplace else"

"Aum vishwaani deva savitar duritaani paraasuva; yad bhadram tanna aa suva," said Mr. Sunday to Sun God, again a smirk briefly crossing his face.

"Haha! Did you see that smirk?" said Machhi. "This place is going to witness some high-octane, real-life drama once the play is over!" continued Machhi, leaning uncomfortably close to Helen.

"Get the fuck off me right now--I'm warning you," said Helen, pointing a finger at Machhi, her hand throbbing.

"O Sun God! Reform the world beginning with me! Take all vile things and ideas and vices away and bring closer whatever is good!" continued the voice-over artist, interpreting Mr. Sunday's line.

"Okay, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse. If you go with me right now, you land a guaranteed role," said Machhi, sliding his elbow over the common armrest connecting both seats, close to where Helen's elbow rested.