The Best Date Ever

Start from the beginning

"Wohoo! Go Giants! Yes!" Zoe cheered.

"Wow that was awesome," my dad grinned.

"Luke, you need to pick up Lauren now. It's time to go." Lena stood in the doorway with her arms crossed.

"Yeah, tick tock Luke. Lauren doesn't like to be late." Taylor agreed with her sister.

"Ok, ok I'm going. Bye you guys, see you at eleven!" I waved as I pulled on my coat, hat and gloves. I grabbed my car keys and wallet and rushed out to my black Prius and drove down the road on our snow covered street towards Lauren's house. I jogged up to the front door and rang the bell.

Lauren opened it moments later, "you're early, I can't believe it." She greeted with a smug look on her face. I gave her a quick kiss on her warm lips.

"Doing good so far! The Giants won and I made it out alive from my house, I hope I look presentable. Lena, Taylor and my mom made sure of that for like two hours." I offered her my arm and walked her to the car and opened the passenger door for her.

"You look great," Lauren beamed at me as she sat in the passenger seat. "So where are we going? You're being so secretive about it." Lauren asked as I started the car. She looked so cute when she started bouncing up and down in her seat to the music. She was so perfect and I couldn't believe she was with me.

"Well, we're going to dinner at the Greek food place, your favorite. Then we are going on a walk around town, you can pick out any gift you want...within budget that is. Then the last part is a surprise." I smiled knowing my secret plan for afterwards.

"What? No you don't need to spend money on me, dinner is enough and whatever your 'special activity' is. You don't need to spend money anymore money on me. I only wear a watch and that moon necklace you gave me for my seventeenth birthday last year. You've done more than enough Luke, if anything I should get you something." Lauren argued sweetly.

"I've already got something, I've got a great family, and I've got you. I couldn't be happier." I reached for her hand and held it my glove covered one.

"Aw so sweet. Cliché as hell, but you're cute." Lauren smirked, giving my hand a squeeze.

We pulled into the parking lot of the Greek restaurant, I held her hand and kept her close to me as we walked in together. The last six months have been amazing, our friends had totally accepted our relationship and then we had a long conversation about how relieved they were that we finally happened. Andrea had stopped bothering us, senior year was flying by without a hitch and Hera hasn't shot me dead from the sky so, so far life was awesome! And what Lauren and I had wasn't awkward, if anything I felt more comfortable around her than I've felt in a long time. Now that I didn't have to hide my feelings for her, I think Lauren feels the same way about our friendship has gotten so much better than it previously was.

We ordered our food and sat by a small table by the window, watching the snow fall from the grey sky. While waiting for our food, we played an imitation game as we watched the other people in restaurant talk at the tables. "What do you think that guy is ordering? The one in the black jacket and big, bushy grey beard." Lauren pointed subtly.

I turned around and lowered my voice in an old man sort of way, "yes, I'd like the dolma and baked beans. Cause they give me gas and they're the cheapest things on the menu." Lauren covered her mouth to prevent her from laughing loud and hard.

"I'm sorry sir, but we don't tolerate gassy customers, I guess you'll have to leave." Lauren imitated a women with a southern accent as the waitress.

"Well I guess you don't want my money then miss. Good day." We watched the old man stand up and storm out the door, this time Lauren and I couldn't contain our laughter.