The Last Day of School

Luke's POV

The year was finally over! Today was the last day of school, at 12:30 I would finally be a senior! One more year of high school before I would be off to college and I could hardly wait!

"Luke hurry up! You don't to be late for your last day of school!" My mom called from downstairs. I pulled on a t-shirt and shorts and ran downstairs, I grabbed a waffle from the plate and stuffed it in my mouth as I ran towards the car. I'd over slept, and Lauren didn't exactly give me a nice wake up call at 7:45. Zoe chased after me and leaped into the car just before I started the engine and sped down the street to Lauren's house then to school.

"If I get my first tardy ever, I'm going to murder you Luke Jackson." Lauren hissed.

"Calm down, it's the last day of school, what teacher would give out tardies?" I rationalized.

"Uh, our pre-calc teacher, that's who. Now come on let's go!" Lauren ordered like my basketball coach did.

---

As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, the three of us sprinted into school like our lives depended on it. Lauren and I had just sat down in calculus before the bell rang. "Ok class, pop quiz!" Our teacher announced.

Groans and sighs filled the classroom, I think Lauren broke her pencil. "what? There can't be a quiz, she never said anything about a quiz yesterday? Oh my gods I'm gonna fail cause I didn't study and then I'll never get into Harvard." Lauren panic whispered.

"You'll be fine, relax Laur." I touched her shaking hand.

"Take one and pass it back class." Our teacher said with a big grin on her face, I swear she acted like Satan sometimes. I still have no idea how I ended up getting an A in this class, she was the toughest teacher in our school.

I got the paper back and heard Lauren sigh with relief next to me. I checked out the first question, it was a reflection sheet about the class and a few questions about what we were doing this summer. I finished in no time, same with Lauren. We played a few card games but mostly it was social hour. Once the bell dismissed us from class, our teacher said, "have a great summer everyone! See you next year!"

I watched Lauren walk up to our teacher and say a few quick words that made our teacher smile and hug Lauren goodbye. "What did you say?" I asked as we walked to our next class.

"I said thanks for a great year and see you in AP Calculus next year." Lauren grinned.

"You signed up too? I should've known." I bumped her shoulder.

"Great minds think alike. See you at lunch." Lauren waved as she stepped through the doorway to her chemistry class. That made me excited at least I knew Lauren and I would have one class together. Next I had history with Troy, I saw him walking Ruth to her next class. We found out they were dating about two days after prom, well Marcus and I did, Lauren knew within twelve hours. The three of us always gave them a hard time but nothing had really changed in our group which was what I had been worried about when they first started going out.

Troy sat down next to me and basically during class we played hangman the entire time, two classes later, it was lunch time. Leaving only two classes left before school was out for the year.

---

"Have you guys done anything in your classes today?" Ruth asked before she took a bite of her sandwich.

"No, we literally haven't done anything all day. I don't understand why we don't just ditch the last day." Marcus said.

"Yeah, I mean honestly all we've done is play games." Troy agreed.