Twenty One: Plan Save Nick

Cory

I saw Nick get dragged into yellow base and cursed to myself. There was no way I could go in alone, but Tommy was most likely asleep and I could see Ashlie was watching the egg through the second story window. I sighed, pocketing the emeralds and beginning to walk back to my base. The walk was silent, the only thing calming my tension and anxiety of another team walking up and shooting me off was my own jagged breathing and the soft thump I made with every step. I finally reached our base and let out a sigh of relief.

I walked up the stairs and to Ashlie.
"Ash-"
"Don't call me Ash."
"Ashlie, Nick got taken by the yellows," Ashlie stopped after I said that. She looked at me. My heart pounded out of my chest as her icy blue eyes glared daggers into mine.
"Well. Then.....TOMMY!!" I heard a loud groan from downstairs. It startled me. I didn't even see Tommy on my way up. After a few seconds, Tommy came into view. He was holding a small explosive in his hand.
"Yeah?" He asked, fiddling with the explosive. Was Tommy even sane enough to be looking at those things?

"Nick's been kidnapped. We're gonna need your bombs," Ashlie said. I was confused. When was making bombs in the game plan? I thought it was destroy bridges, get stuff, destiny eggs. Never destroy bomb. Ashlie must have seen my confused look, because in no time, she was explaining.

"Tommy and me did so talking. It turns out his folks used to make bombs. He never blew any up, but he did learn how to make them. Yes, we can buy bombs, but it's best not to waste our resources on that," I was impressed, to say the least.

"So. New plan," Ashlie said before I could compliment Tommy. "We do a suicide mission. Me and Jon will distract them while you and Tommy get Nick," I smiled at Ashlie.
"Thought you didn't need a team," I said smugly with a smirk. Ashlie's blushed.
"Shut. Up. Don't push it, four eyes, I can gladly drop this plan and have you three do the suicide mission alone. Go get Jon, we need to tell him the plan," Tommy ran off. Ashlie was really stepping up as leader. I didn't really like it. I wanted to be the leader.

Tommy soon returned with Jon and Ashlie explained the current situation and the plan. He agreed, but I could see it in his eyes. He didn't want to go through with this. But, he did. Plan Rescue Nick was now in full effect, and there was no looking back.