Twenty: Life is Against Us

Nick

Ill give Cory an A for effort. He did do a pretty good job at destroying green team's bridge. With their egg gone, all I needed to do was kill them. But we needed to get kitted out first. I sighed to myself, hopping onto another teams bridge. I didn't care about what color it was. Color didn't matter. I held my breath, feeling my heart pounding in my chest as I approached the entrance. Snores immediately filled my ears, feeling my face flush red as it was getting harder to hold my breath. I clamped a hand over my mouth, my heartbeat slowing.

Im dead I kept thinking If I gasp, they'll wake up and kill me. If I dont gasp, Ill die. Im dead. I shakily swung the pickaxe over my head and brought it down on the clay. I couldn't take it. I dropped to my knees, taking in a loud, overdramatic gasp, beginning to pant and accidently knocking the pickaxe into the void. Great. I rolled over on my back, heaving, trying to regulate my breathing, feeling my eyes flutter shut, feeling my head ache and pound as if someone was blasting loud music in my ear.

My eyes immediately shot open in fear after I heard talking, then someone yell "HEY!" I looked over just in time to see two yellow's rushing at me. I gasped and tried to get to my feet and make a run for it, but I was grabbed by my arm and yanked back, feeling something cold press against my throat. I held my breath, eyes slowly looking down at the freezing, teasingly sharp metal. A sword. An iron sword was pressed against my neck. I didn't dare to move. "Name." The yellow behind me demanded. I stayed silent.

They pressed the sword closer into my throat. I felt a stinging sensation. I felt a small stream of blood trickle down my neck. "NAME." The yellow demanded again. I sighed. "Nicholas," I said simply. This couldn't be happening. "Nicholas what." The yellow insisted. I didn't want to tell this man my name. My real name, that was. "Nicholas.......Zres. Nicholas Zres," I lied, using the fake name I had gotten at the beginning. Still with the sword to my throat, I was beginning to be dragged to their base. Yep. They were taking me prisoner. I sighed to myself, mind swirling with thoughts.

I guess this is a good time to check out their egg defense I thought to myself. Only, I wasn't taken upstairs. I was taken to an obsiden cell complete with more obsiden and one small window. They broke the obsiden and moved the glass before shoving me in and replacing both. With no pickaxe, I couldn't break the obsiden. If I did try to break the glass, Id probably accidentally cut myself. Even if I managed to break the glass and not get hurt, it was way to tight of a squeeze to get through.

I sighed, sitting down, my head against the cool, scratchy, uncomfortable stone. Life was really against us.