Five: Taking It Easy and Green Attacks

Nick

"What were you two thinking?! Are you okay?!" I asked as I saw Cory and Tommy respawn. They lost all their armor and possibly all their weapons, to. Tommy didn't say anything, but Cory responded. "Yeah, Nick, we're fine," He said, standing up and helping up Tommy. I sighed and looked at them. "You two really shouldn't have went out by yourselves. Especially against green team! They had center island, they're so strong right now!" I scolded. Tommy sighed as Cory only shrugged. I sighed also as Uni walked over. "Do you guys have any gold? Its for endstone for Eggbert,"

We looked at Uni, confused. He smiled, before replying "Eggbert is the egg's name," Man. This guy was weird. "Uh, yeah, here you go.....ya brit," I playfully teased. Uni rolled his eyes and cracked a smile. "Yeah, whatever, mate," he said, walking over to the villager and buying some endstone, before walking back up the stairs. "Look, maybe we should take it easy. Its almost night, after all. We'll need our sleep if we want to--" I was cut off by someone clinging onto my arm. It was Ashlie. She was blushing brightly for some reason.

"Please help." She said. I was gonna ask why, but my question was answered. "That blue jumped off the edge when he saw you cause you're beautiful, Atlie!!" JonJon was flirting with her and he gave her a nickname. Well, he wasnt wrong. "The blue didn't jump off, he fell!" Ashlie yelled back, more blush filling her face as she rested her head on my arm, giggling quietly. I guess she was starting to lighten up to all of us. "Anyway. What were you guys talking about?" She asked, ignoring Jon as he continued to playfully flirt. "We were talking about taking it easy. Get to know eachother a bit better, y'know?"

Ashlie looked up at me, freed my arm, then said "Sounds fun!" Wow. I really expected her to deny it.

+++

We waited until the sun went down. Tommy came down the stairs, Uni following. We were all sitting down, me next to Ashlie. Uni and Tommy took their seats. Everyone sat in awkward silence for a few, before Cory asked "Soooo. How old is everyone? Im twenty three," He said, looking over at who was next to him, who happened to be Uni. "Im twenty four," He responded. Tommy went next "......twenty two," He responded quietly.

"Im also twenty two," I said. I looked to Ashlie, who smiled. "Im twenty one," she responded. All eyes landed on JonJon. "What the heck, Im only nineteen!" He exclaimed. We all stared at him for awhile, before Cory shouted "You're just a baby!!" Jon pouted at this. "Im not a baby!" He yelled back, but couldn't help but smile. "Twenty's the worst age, Jon," I said with a smile. "Yeah. You're to young to drink but get hit with a lot of responsibilities," Uni said back. Silence filled the room again. I finally asked "So. What's everyone's families like? I have a mom and....well yeah, my parents divorced when I was 12, don't really see my dad often,"

Ashlie was next to talk "I live with my mom, dad, little brother and two dogs. My little brother can be so annoying at times, but I love him. My dad shreds on the electric gutair and my mom is a neat freak," She smiled, lost in thought. "Well. I don't really talk to my parents much. Im an only child and I uh.....my families really rich. We live in a mansion. It's hard to find anyone, which is why I don't really talk to my parents. People mainly use me for my money. You five are the first real friends I ever had,"

Jon looked down. Sheesh, that's rough. "Im an only child, as well. My mom and dad split when I was younger, but I still love them both. I still live with my dad and he supports me on everything I do," Cory said, a small smile on his face. "Ill let Uni go first...." Tommy said, looking down. Uni smiled. "Well, I live in an average house in the UK. Two stories and what not. I live with my mum, dad and two brothers. I don't have any pets, but we're going to buy a puppy. And I draw. I draw a lot," Uni said with a smile.

I looked at Tommy. "Tom, your turn," I said. He looked up. "Oh, uh......I......I really don't want to talk about it," He said, looking down again. Cory nudged him. "Come on, dude! You have to!" He said with a smile. Tommy sighed and looked up, before beginning to talk. "Growing up, I was always that one freak of a kid in the back of the class who knew all the answers but was antisocial. My parents were also Christians and very homophobic. In highschool, I had a crush on this boy. I told my parents about it, and they kicked me out. I had nothing really. I resorted to stealing various things. I stole this mask, so if I were to ever be caught, nobody would know who I was. At the moment, In currently living in a dark corner of an abandoned school with a bunch of stolen items. This outfit is the only one I have and....you five are the closest thing I've had to a family in years...." Tommy said.

His mask was on, but it was pretty clear he was crying. Everyone was in shock. Uni suddenly leaned over and hugged him. Cory did the same. Then JonJon. I walked over and hugged him to. Ashlie was hesitant, but joined in. Soon it was a group hug. We stayed like that for a few minutes. Uni suddenly broke the hug, though, and ran up the stairs. I saw for only a split second what looked like a person in green armor rush upstairs, right where Eggbert was. "The egg!!" I exclaimed, also running up the stairs.

I pulled out my sword as I rounded the corner, just in time to see Uni shove a green with a pickaxe. I helped Uni attack the green. He swung his sword, and I heard Uni yelp and saw him stumble back. Uni had a deep gash on his cheek. When I was looking at Uni, the green ran. "Hey! Get back here!!" I yelled as I heard the rest of the team rush up the stairs. Tommy went to Uni's aid as I rushed after the green. They ran to the balcony and jumped. Cory ran at the side of me and pulled out a bow and arrow, before shooting. He shot the green in the leg, causing them to fall.

Ashlie ran down the stairs, me and Jon followed as Cory went to go help Tommy tend to Uni. Ashlie ran onto the bridge and took our a bow of her own. Seriously, where did everyone get bows?! She shot them in the side, before kicking them off the bridge.

"Atlie.....You okay?" Jon asked. "Yeah. Lets go inside...." She said, walking on. I followed. A war was starting between us and green.