Four: First Two Deaths

Tommy

"Uni, give me that gold!!"
"I need it for the egg!!!" Cory and Uni were arguing over gold, Jon was eggsitting and Nick and Ashlie were trying to find ways to take back center. Nobody paid me any mind, just how I wanted it to be. I took the explosives and began to walk upstairs, adjusting my mask slightly. I wanted to destroy green myself. To prove to myself that I was worth something, anything to this team! To prove to myself that I was worth being fought for. From what Nick told us, green team had a bow already. I would have tube careful.

I mademy way to the top, where the other 3 were. JonJon was clearly bored, digging his sword into the stone floor as he sat on the egg, which was covered with cyan wool and wood. Ashlie and Nick were by the window, talking. Nick towered over Ashlie, but it was clear that Ashlie was the one telling him what was what. I sighed softly, not wanting to be seen. JonJon got up, the bells on the end of his weird hat thing jingling, and walked over to Ashlie. Now was my chance.

I reached into my pocket and swapped the explosives for blocks. Walking out onto the balcony, I looked over at our neighboring enemies. Just as I suspected, green team was at the side of us. Three green members were at the island, one defending the egg and the other two buying things. I knew that one was guarding our bridge to center. The other two must be at center island, getting geared up. They were taking all the emeralds and diamonds. The things our team really needed. We were put behind a lot, along with the other teams. I think we all wanted green gone by now.

I didn't know how I was gonna build up. I know you just walked to build, but I don't know how to build up. My thoughts were interrupted by a voice. "Hey Tom," I looked behind me to be met with Cory's stern and curious gaze. Uh oh. "Hey Cory," I said quietly, looking over at green again. "Green is really agro, huh?" He asked, stepping onto the balcony and looking over himself. I only nodded. That's when he noticed the blocks in my hand. "What were you planning?" He asked. I looked at him.

There was no lying. Even if so, my heart began to race. My anxiety was kicking in, preventing me from lying to him. His cold stare shot daggers right through my soul. I shifted on my feet slightly and cleared my throat, before saying quietly "I was going to go get green,". Cory looked at me again, this time I looked away as my head filled with thoughts. My mind was telling me that I messed up. That he now hated me. I found it harder to breathe because of this. He finally said, after what felt like forever, "Let me come with,".

I felt myself calm down. That was a huge weight off my shoulders. "Uh, yeah, sure thing. You can tag along I guess....." I said, handing him some blocks. "So, what's the plan?" He asked me. I looked over at green again. "We build up, I drop some explosive, blow up their defense and we get the egg. From there, all we have to do is kill them," I explained. Cory nodded, then walked to the edge of the balcony. He stood on the railing, almost loosing his balance, then jumped. A block was placed underneath his feet, preventing him from falling.

Oh, that's how you do it. I copied him. We jumped up until we felt we were high enough. I felt the harsh wind blowing, feeling as if it was going to knock me into the abyss below. I just wanted to get greens egg and get out. Cory was taking in the scenery, looking for something, so I decided to make the first move. I took a deep breath and began to walk. I always get so scared whenever I did this. I knew I wasn't going to fall, but my mind always tricked myself into believing I was.

I continued to walk, getting a bit more confident, when I suddenly felt a shooting pain in my foot. I gave a yelp and cringed, looking down. An arrow was stuck in my foot. I tried to move my foot, wiggling it ever so slightly. It wouldn't budge. Even the slightest movement hurt like my foot was being chopped off. It felt like a knife stabbing me over and over in the same spot. Tears threatened to spill as I heard Cory behind me, making his way over. I looked up, trying to see where he was.

Instead of seeing Cory, I saw an arrow. I flinched, and everything else happened so fast. I felt pain in my neck, but was unable to scream. I couldn't talk and found it harder to breathe. My fingers touched my neck. I felt a feather. The feathery end to an arrow. I felt myself chocking on my own blood as I stumbled backwards. The arrow ripped out of the block beneath me, freeing my foot. Though, I stumbled off the block. I felt myself falling. Falling fast into the abyss below. The last thing I saw was Cory looking over the ledge, powerless to help me as everything faded to black.

Cory

"TOMMY!!" I yelled down as he disapperad into the mysterious darkness below the bridge. I saw something. It popped up in front of my eyes for a few seconds. TheFrozenGargon was shot by MasterFighter. No way. No way! They killed Tommy!! I didn't even know the guy for a day, but he was still my teammate! My friend! I cringed and punched the cyan block out of anger. "FUCK!" I screamed. The members from green team injured one of the members from my team and killed the other. I couldn't let them go that easily.

I took out my stone sword and stood up, staring at the three members of green team. Cory, what are you doing? I broke into a sprint, blocks being placed beneath my feet as I ran. I made it to the other side and jumped onto the island. After I did, I immediately began to attack the guy who killed Tommy. He didn't expect this and was struggling for his sword. I felt pain in my side and back as I was very clearly being attacked by his teammates. I didn't care, though. My vision went blurry as I swung my sword in his head, killing him.

After that, I dropped my sword and fell to my knees as his teammates continued to mercilessly attack me. Black dots slowly filled my vision. I fell forward as the dots filled my vision. Everything went black.