Fifteen: Ashlie the Softie

Ashlie

We had one life now. Why didn't Uni do his job. I cursed silently under my breath, pacing. I got a few slashes here and there, and I admit, they hurt like hell, but I didn't mind that right now. The whole upstairs was covered in blood. My shoes were covered in blood. It reeked of iron and sweat. Five members. Two dead eggs. Six teams standing. How were we gonna do this? I sighed and looked around. Nick was tending to Jon, Cory was pissed off and Tommy. He was on the balcony. Anger suddenly coursed through my veins.

I opened the balcony doors and stood next to him. He looked at me. I glared at him. "What?" he finally asked. "What. What?! OUR EGG GOT DESTROYED!! You saw them, didn't you?! YOU KNEW!!!" I snapped. Tommy sighed, putting both hands on the balcony railing. It was taking all of my willpower to not push him off. "Of course I saw that orange scallywag destroy our egg and shred on you guys. But, as I've said before, Im not helping this team. Im that one player nobody needs, remember? You can forget about having five players, worm, you only have four," he said coldly.

He did say he wasn't helping this team anymore. I sighed in frustration. "Then go." I said. Tommy looked at me. "If you aren't gonna help this team than I don't consider you apart of this team. GO!!" I screamed at him, tears of frustration threatening to spill. He shrugged and jumped over the balcony, landing safely in a tuck and roll. "See ya in hell, dwarf!" He yelled, running off. Once he was out of sight, I punched the wall and immediately regretted it. "Ow!" I yelled out in pain, cradling my fist in my hand.

I sighed, backing up against the wall. Fist still held in my hand, I slid down the wall, now sitting. My feet burned. My side hurt, my shoulder hurt, leg hurt. My everything hurt. I did something I hadn't done in years. My eyes burned and I felt hot tears pour down my cheeks. My face scrunched up and I began to quietly sob. At this point I really was considering just doing a suicide mission. Run in and take out as many as I can. If I die, I die. There's no way we'd win, anyway.

We had four players, six teams four of them with eggs still. In all honesty, I wanted to go home. I missed my mom and dad, my pig, my little and big sister, but I wasn't home. I was here. I was here with four strangers, I witnessed a death, I was shot and stabbed. I wanted out. That wasn't gonna happen. Sadly, we never get what we want in a game of life or death.