Thirteen: Tired Talk and Planning

Cory

I sighed. We just lost a team member. He wasn't an important team member, though, so it was fine. Jon was seriously on the verge of crying? Really? All Tom did was insult him. I know Jon is the kid of the group, but he seriously needs to grow up sometimes. This is a life death situation. In this world it's kill or be killed, and he just doesn't understand that. Then again, he is a baby, so.

"Man, he uh......we really upset him, huh?" Nick asked, scratching the back of his neck. I tsked, a smile appearing on my face. "Who the fuck cares, dude? He had no impact on this team. If our bed was destroyed, guess what? Who would care about the underdog?" I asked. I saw Nick's eyes fill with rage. "How can you say that dude?! I, for one, always cheer for the underdog, and how could you say that about another human bean--" Nick was interrupted by Ashlie. She was clearly tired. Of everything. Of fighting, of our arguing. So, what Im gonna assume was tired talk, she suddenly said "What if everyone in the world.....what if everyone in the world was just beans.....?"

We all stared at her in confusion. Thats when she started again. "Like, like, think about it. Beans are cooked. Jon isn't cooked yet, that's why he's a baby. Tommy fell on the floor, thats why hes crazy. The others, psh, I dunno. I know I was overcooked and i kinda justlike....rolled or uh.....shrivled up and then BOOM. Im a smol bean," I looked at her like she was stupid. "Okay, just go upstairs and rest Ashlie," Ashlie nodded and did so. See, if Tommy would just listen to me, then I wouldn't hate him so so much. But no. Hes very VERY stubborn.

"Okay, we need to start thinking of plans, okay? Green team's egg is dead, but we still have the alive members on their team and four other eggs to destroy," I said to Nick as Jon headed upstairs for some shut eye. Nick nodded as we sat outside our castle. "I say we leave green and go for the next weakest team,' he said, looking at the islands. "Which is?" I asked him. He stood up and looked around. I copied. "I would like to say orange team. From the looks of things, they only have wood and wool,"

I smiled, readying my sword. "Lets go, then," I said. Nick grabbed my arm. I glared at him. "Not now. we needto eat and rest, Cory. We're to weak. We'll deal with them tomorrow,' I sighed and put away my sword. He was right. I know one thing for sure. Orange team is going down.