Chapter 4

Samantha's P.O.V

I tell Jack J that I'm leaving and I thank him before walking out into the street. I decide to walk about a block and a half down, so it doesn't look like I was at his house. I see Sam pull up and he gives me his signature smile.

"Hey bug."

"Hey Sammy." The rest of the car ride is quiet because there isn't much to say. My own brother just broke the worst news he could to me, and I'm gonna hold that against him for a good eternity. When we get to my 'second' home I walk straight up to my room, which is different from my room at my 'regular' house. This room is more of a cozy room. It has dim lights, cozy blankets, same type of neutral walls, and it's very plain, but I find that comforting.

I change into pajamas and head downstairs to the kitchen and I grab a mug and fill it with crushed ice. I know it sounds weird but I like the texture of it and stuff. Sam is sitting at one of the bar stools and is staring at me.

"Sam why are you looking at me like that, your creeping me out." I laugh at his weirdness sometimes.

"Oh sorry miss-no-one can stare at me." We both start laughing and he immediately stops.

"You didn't eat, crap. Sammy looks like your having whatever I can find in the fridge because it's to late to go out again and your in your pj's." I look at the clock and realize it is 9:00. "So bug, it looks like you can either have pizza or pizza."

"Pizza it is." I go to the living room in the meantime and turn on the tv. I turn on TLC so I can watch toddlers in tiaras. I don't know why, but it's so addicting to me like you need to rip me away from it at night.

"Really Sammy, this show again?" I laugh at Sam and his hatred toward this show. I always make sure to watch it when I come here so I can hear his comments that make me die. I specifically remember him saying..

"That child needs to put the pixie sticks down and lose the sass. If that was my kid I would personally pick up the phone for a physiologist, cause that girl needs help. And she shouldn't be wearing a slutty outfit if she's four."...

The list goes on with all of his comments, and sometimes I rather listen to them than the show itself.

"Yeah, wanna watch with me?" I know he will say yes because he loves me pretty much does anything for me.

"Actually no, I won't be watching four year old twerk because it weird. and we need to talk." He replies. He sits down next to me and I'm actually worried about why he wants to talk.

"Well bug, we need to talk about what was said and done at dinner." I don't like the start of this. "I want to start off by saying I don't think what happened was right. I also want to tell you that Jack is mortified that he said that to you. I know that doesn't change anything and that you won't forgive him for a long long times, but just keep that in mind. He loves you even if he says dumb stuff like he did before. You'll eventually have to go back to your house too, because Jack is going to be a mess without his little sister and that's not because I don't want you here it's just you need your brother in your life."

"Yeah I know. I just really don't get it, w-why would he say that especially in front of dad. it was like he was showing off that they didn't sign him off but they signed me off. He hasn't talked to me like he used to either. I know I've changed too but I want the old Jack back, the one who would not always be partying or out on the weekends." He slowly brings me into a hug and kisses my forehead lightly.

"I know bug, I know. Just think of it like things happen for a reason. If jack didn't say what he did we would never have had this conversation and you would have never told anyone how you feel, maybe now things will get fixed." I nuzzle my head closer to Sam and my watery eyes go away and I feel better.

"Thank you." The beep of the oven cuts us off and we both go back into the kitchen and he takes the pizza out of the oven.

"Ok bug, eat up." He places a big slice of pizza in front of me.

"Gotcha." He grabs my mug and fills it with Arizona. I start to nibble at the slice and I can tell Sam is struggling because I don't want to eat.

I have been sitting here with Sam across from me for a good ten minutes and I'm about halfway through this piece of pizza. I keeping taking small bites and I can tell if I keep this up any longer Sam is gonna crack and not in a good way. Im trying it's just I'm not hungry and I feel like if I eat anymore I'm gonna throw up. I already feel nauseous, but I need to finish this.

"Bug, c'mon at least eat three quarters of it." He is giving me the same type of pleading look Jack always gives me and this just gets me. I drop the pizza on the plate and run to the bathroom and empty the contents of my stomach.

I don't know what happened I just thought of Jack and I got a little too nauseous for my body to handle.

"Bug, are you ok?" I look up from the bowl to see sam with scared eyes.

Sam's P.O.V(jacks friend Sam)

She dropped her pizza on the plate and made a b-line to the bathroom. I follow of course and I see her hanging over the toilet.

"Bug, are you ok?" I ask at the delicate looking girl who looks horrible.

"Yeah, let me clean up." She stands up and I step out of the room and go back to the kitchen to throw away the slice of pizza and I put her plate and cup I'm the sink.

I hear footsteps and I see Sammy walk into the living room and sit on the couch. I know she hasn't had her nutrients that she should have had today. I have to go to the last resort that me and Jack sometimes have to do. I grab her cup and put some crushed ice and apple juice in it, I then crush a 'vitamin' type pill up and mix it with her drink.

"Here's something to wash that taste out of your mouth." I place the cup on the side table near where she is sitting and leave the room.

I feel drained from everything. I get why Jack needs a break and keeps her with me. She's a wonderful girl, but she has her issues like everyone else just a little worse.

"Sam, you ok?" I look up to see my mom. "Rough night?"

"Yeah a lot of stuff happened. Samantha is here now, she's in the living room now. She just threw up and barely ate anything today, and I think she isn't doing so good because of this fight she had with Jack."

"That's horrible, poor thing. She's only 14." I nod my head in agreement. "Well I'm heading up stairs now, goodnight sam, kiss Samantha good night for me too."

"Don't worry I will, goodnight mom." I go up to my room and change into done loose basketball shorts and a plain white shirt.

I get to the living room and see Samantha knocked out. I take her and pick her up and carry her to her room and place her on the bed. I kiss her head and shut the light off and close the door behind me. What a night it has been.