Mystical Powers Of The Cursed Crystals [Part 5]

* Recap - The six of them have done some research on Marie and Tom but got no results. *

" What are we going to do?! We can't find any information on these two ghosts so we know hardly anything about them! What makes you think they are even real?!" Sarah said to me, worrying slightly.

" I just know they are. None of us can be going crazy we all saw them! And we will search. It's the oly thing to do right now." I explained. I was wearing my white and pink 'Me to You' pyjamas and my hot pink, fluffy slippers. Sarah looked at me anxiously as I dropped my head to look down at the floor.

" Cleo? You ok?" She said, a worried tone in her voice.

" Hmm? Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I asked.

" You looked..... Don't worry, I'm just being paranoid!" She said. The way she rushed and didn't finish her sentance made me wonder what exactly she was going to say.

" Ok. Well, I'm going to bed now. I'm tired! Call me if you need me." I said. I wanted to make sure she would be ok.

" Alright. Night!" She said as I walked into my room and shut my door. I layed on my bed and thought about a few things before drifting off into a deep sleep.

**********************************

" Cleo! Cleo!" Sarah shouted outside my room, trying to wake me up.

" What?! It's 1:00 am! Why the hell are you -"

" It's Mel! She's gone!" Sarah said, cutting me off mid-sentace. I quickly shot up from my warm bed and ran to my wardrobe, grabbing any clothes I could find. I pulled on my shoes and grabbed my mobile before walking out of my room.

" Did you see her leave?" I asked Sarah, hoping she would have seen something before waking me up.

" Well if I had I would have gone after her, wouldn't I?" She replied. She had a point but I was tired.

" Leave me alone, I'm tired!" I joked but she wasn't laughing. I sighed and followed her out the door into the cold corridor. It was pitch black as there were no lights on and none of the curtains were open.

**********************************

" Oh my god! Mel, get away from there!" I shouted as I walked out of the school building.

" Melanie!" Sarah screamed, running towards me and her.

" Woah, Sarah, stop! I'm going to call Brett, Elliot and Riley and see if one of them can talk her out of it!" I told her.

"Alright.... But what the hell is she doing at the edge of the cliff?!" She said, screaming the last few words.

" No idea but stop panicing! Your not going to do anyone any favours!" I shouted back at her. I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket and tapped a few numbers before dialing his number.

" Hello?" I asked as soon as the dialing stopped

" Hi! What's up?" A familiar voice said, but it wasn't Brett!

" Brett!" I said and heard a few footsteps....

**********************************

" Dude, Cleo's on the phone! She seems like she really needs to talk to you!" I heard Elliot say while entering my room. I quickly snatched the phone of of him and put it to my ear.

" Hello?" I said down the phone.

" Brett! It's Mel! She's at the edge of the cliff and she's looking down it as if she wants to jump. Get the boys. Come quickly, please!" I heard Cleo say in a hurry before three beeping noices tuned down my ears.

Cleo. Panic. Melanie. Cliff. Jumping - This doesn't sound good!

" Riley, Elliot! It's Mel! We need to go now!" I shouted before grabbing my keys and running out of my room. I passed Riley on the way.

" What's Melanie done now?" He asked sarcastically.

" She could be about to jump!" I said, hurrying my talking speed while trying to find some stuff that we may (or may not) need.

" Jump? Jump what? There's nothing to jump! Except the...... Oh, hell no!" I heard Riley say behind me.

" She better not!" Elliot jumped in.

" I know. That's why we're leaving. Now!" I told them while heading for the front door and running through a maze of corridors. They followed.

**********************************

" Brett! Elliot! Riley! Please help!" I heard Sarah shout behind me. I knew she was trying to help Mel but she was quite loud about it. Then again, who wouldn't be. If you thought your best friend was about to jump off the edge of a cliff you wouldn't be quiet! Would you?

" We're here! Where is she?" Brett asked. I pointed at the cliff and turned around, still seeing my best friend looking down at it.

" What the hell are we going to do? I don't want to touchh her in case I knock her and send her flying down the cliff but we can't just leave her there!" I said, my talking speed quickening as I worryed more.

" You have a good point!" Elliot agreed.

" Wait! Riley! You've liked Mel for ages now, haven't you?! Go talk her out of whatever-the-hell she's thinking of doing!" Brett said and Riley blushed. Mine and Sarah's jaws dropped.

" But, err, what if she doesn't like me?" Riley said, obviously re-thinking the idea.

" She does!" Sarah blurted out.

" Well done, Sarah!" I muttered sarcastically.

" It had to be done! We want her safe. Riley likes her and she likes RIley.... This could work!" She replied. She actually had a good point!

**********************************

I walked over to Mel, worried about what she was going to say if she looked up at me.

" Melanie? Look, why are you over here at the edge of the cliff? You've got us all worrying - me expecially! Just, please, come away from here and go back to your dorm with Sarah and Cleo, please?" I asked her the series of questions which were playing on in my mind.

" Go away! Leave me alone! " She muttered those words as if she was in a ghostly trance.

" Melanie? It's me - Riley!" I told her. She better listen to me! I don't know what I'd do without her!

" Look, leave me alone Riley! I. Don't. Want. Your. Help!" She said, turning round. I saw that her eyes were red! She dropped to the ground, only just missing the edge of the cliff. I picked her up from where she was laying and stood up. I turned around and started walking towards the others.

**********************************

Why is he carrying her like that? She can't be? Can she?

" I tried speaking to her, she turned around, her eyes were red, I freaked out and she collapsed. She's still breathing though. She had me in a fright!" Riley said to us all.

" Err, you sure she's unconcious?!" I said. He looked down and saw her staring at his face, a loving look in her eyes.

" Melanie?" He asked, making sure she wasn't going to yell at him again or colapsing.

" It's me. Who else?" She replied, making me chuckle.

" Thank god! I thought you were .... Well, you know." He said, putting her down and pulling her into the tightest hug that he could.