15- A Truth Like No Other

"Love... her?" Shiro whispered, looking at Matt with a confused expression. "I mean yeah, she's a great friend-" He was cut of by Matt shaking his shoulders with a face that said 'really.'

"No... not in a friend way! When you envision her, does your heart flutter? Do you spend majority of your waking hours with her in your mind? Do you find yourself seeing her in everything, despite there being no where her face is in that space goo!? Were you very conscious of every move she made, every time you'd touch? Every word she says seeming a little sweeter... The world itself seemingly a lot better then it's ever been?" Matt shouted, furrowing his eyebrows. 

That list he came up with for love symptoms came from his own experience. Allura seemingly to be in every corner of his mind. Her every move and slight touch makes him very weary. His days and dreams are consumed of her and only her. Matt is not stupid like Shiro or blind like his sister. He knows what he feelings are and what they mean. He know's that he is in love with Allura and all her grace. Now, for his sister's sake, he needed to know if Shiro feels like Matt does for Allura, but for his sister.

For a year, he wondered about something Katie said to him the night before she went into space with their mother and Takashi Shirogane. He turned the words -- that one simple sentence -- over in his head a million times a day. He had finally stopped worrying about them until that moment. The moment he realized what they meant.

"No need to fret about me. Tomorrow will come no matter how much you don't like it. Plus, we can sleep with mom and dad for our final night together like we always do," she had said to him as she lead him through the hall to their parents room. He always hated them leaving. "Also, there's this person who I know, no matter what, will return me and mother home safely. He's a good guy. Maybe you'll meet him. He's something that's not usually seen anymore. I just feel connected to him..."

He hadn't known what she meant by connected. Matt had thought she meant on the same page or in the same state of mind. No, she meant that she was in love with him and didn't know it. 'Don't worry, sis. I have your back!' Matt thought. 

Shiro looked at him for a while before finally getting what he meant. Matt mentally slapped himself at Shiro's own stupidity when it comes to personal feelings. How did he manage to still his genius of a sister's heart? "You mean- Well I can't... I don't," Shiro stuttered, not seeming to function. Matt stood up and crossed his arms.

"Tell. Me. Do you love my sister? It's an easy question? A yes or a bloody no!" Matt said, starting to get upset that Shiro won't give an understandable response. Shiro looked at his hands then Matt and the stars.

"I think... I think I do," he whispered, unable to meet Matt's eyes. Matt clamped a hand on his shoulder and nodded approvingly. 

"Good. Good. I know she likes you back," Matt replied, a smile on his face, "All I gotta do now is find her to hook you two up!" Shiro looked dumbfounded.

"Find her? How? I mean its possible, but what can we do?" he asked and Matt smirked wider. Noticing Shiro gulp, Matt removed his hand and walked to the room's door. 

"Leave that to me, my virus, and the hacking of a galra's computer," was all her offered before walking out, having gotten what he wanted.

"H-Hello? Any Freedom Fighters still out there? This is Katie and Te-osh calling for survivors," Te-osh said into the transmitter, afraid of the reply she may or may not get. For a few minutes there was no response and they began to loose hope.

"Te-osh? Katie? Thank god... I thought me and my large crew were the only survivors!" a rough voice said, coming through the mic. It was the pilot with the eyepatch. Then another voice came.

"Same here, buddy. Though It's just me and four others on my ship," a female-like voice exclaimed. Katie could tell it was actually a male speaking though. To sharp to be a grown female's.

"Ah, survivors. How many do you have on your ship?" a female's voice came, relief in her voice. "I have 136. Counting kid, his friends, and the two girls, that's 142. How many do you have?" It took a moment for the guy to respond.

"Uh... I'm in a reinforcement ship, so 301 and three-fourths. There's a wounded man without an arm," the voice said. Katie had a silent happy moment. Others were alive. 444 of them. Well that's if that guy makes it.

"We need to head back to base fast then. Can't have a man dying on us. Even if we've already lost thousands. We can't afford to loose anymore," Katie informed. "We need someone to pick us up. We're in a semi-destroyed galra drone. We kinda blew the thing's engine."

"Two things: I can do that and add 278 to that number of survivors. We just left a blockage area and can respond nowf," a new voice answered. "Your location. Send it to my locator." Te-osh did something with her own locator and turned to Katie.

"That means 722 people survived so far. We should send the others home and search for survivors with our savior," the alien said. Katie nodded as a Freedom Fighter's ship came into view. The exchange was simple. All the ship had to do was pull in the small drone then ditch it after the two climbed in.

"Let's go," the man who had offered to help ended up being Ozar. Katie smiled at seeing the man again. "Now, we don't have all day. If we plan to look for any ships without communication we should start now." Katie and Te-osh nodded and walked with Ozar to the cockpit.

Yay! Two more book updates to go! (This is slow because I took a shower and then me and my brother randomly created an amazing book idea and started working on it XD)

-ThatOneServant, the empress of random, out!!