1-Abducted

The giant ice rock was far from Earth, extremely hard to penetrate, and hard to reach. Though, they were given a mission and they were going to complete it. She watched the long ice cylinder rise out of the ground. 

"Nearly finished," her mother said as the ice popped from the ground and Katie carefully removed it. Just as the cool ice hit her thick gloved hands, sounds like a large fan cam from above. Her mother squeaked and Shiro's mouth fell open.

She turned to see purple and was knocked out.

When she awoke, they were being escorted by tall figures, which didn't help with her self-confidence since she was a nugget with legs. Shiro was being dragged by the few in front of her. Pain edged in the back of her head as she tried to raise a hand to it by reflex. Her arm was stiff under the empowering strength that the armored person who had her possessed. 

She noticed Shiro opening his eyes. 'At least he's alive,' she thought and turned to her mother. She too was awake and walking. When the masked people noticed Shiro was awake, they forced him to his feet and lead him too. Katie felt the ping of fright, that had been growing in her chest, double as an alien-technology door slide open to reveal a space behind. They were tossed inside and the door slide shut behind them. 

"You guys too, huh?" someone spoke, strange edge to the voice. Katie spoke first.

"Who's there!?" she asked,  gripping her mother behind Shiro.

"Relax, human. We are one of the same here. Garla prisoners," the person stated, that rough edge becoming sharper. Katie became confused and Shiro spoke up.

"Galra? What is a galra, or who are galra...," he asked, arm blocking Katie and her mother from the possible threat. She reached for some kind of weapon to realize they'd been stripped of any loose items. All she had was her space suit. Her heart froze. She reached for her helmet and removed it to search inside. 

She nearly cried in relief to find the picture of her brother and her still stored away in her helmet. Her brother, Matt, was younger then her and wore glasses, though he had long shot up passed her despite being a few years younger. She clutched the photo and paid attention to the conversation Shiro was now having with the stranger.

"The galra are a cruel species who rule the universe, striking fear in its inhabitants.  I am surprised to learn that you didn't know of this. Maybe that is because they haven't came to your system yet," the stranger ranted, stepping into the light. Katie chocked.

An alien. A real live alien. white skin and large furry ears that made her think of a cat. Shiro tensed in front of them at the sight then relaxed noticing the rags he wore. He was defiantly a prisoner like them. "Explain more," her mothered breathed, memorized by the sight of an actual alien. He nodded. 

"I guess I'll have to explain to you three, come here," he said. They inched closer and listened to what he had to say. The story took hours, but it was better then sitting awkwardly in a cell with little to stare at. Katie soaked all the information up and practically choked on air the whole time. The story was a little unbelievable, but she had plenty of reasons to believe the alien.  Her mother and Shiro seemed to feel the same way. 

They sat huddled in a corner, drifting away from the nightmare. The alien had more to tell, but he had fallen asleep in the opposite corner, curled up like a cat. Katie was between her mother and Shiro, warmth flowing into her from them. The cell was cold and she couldn't sleep. She felt her mother's weight intensify on her and small snores escaped her mouth.

Shiro was light on her as if he was pulling himself from her so she wouldn't be smushed. He shifted every now and then, hands shaking in his lap. Katie reached out and engulfed them in her free hand that wasn't being restrained by her mother's pull. He froze.

Katie knew he was awake still. "Are you afraid?" she asked, knowing that he'd been acting strong the entire time. His breath hitched as if he hoped she would think he was asleep. "I know you are awake, stop pretending." She squeezed his hand in a friendly gesture. He gulped and let his fears out.

"I am. Was it that obvious?" he asked. Katie nodded into his shoulder and he sighed. "I don't like this situation we've found ourselves in. Maybe there was a way to save you two... if only I could've found a way! They wouldn't listen - those galra. I tried to persuade them, but they wouldn't listen. I was only knocked out." Katie moved her hand from his own to his shoulder.

"This is no ones fault. No human knew aliens existed. Even if they did, I doubt they'd know this would've happened," Katie said, sleepiness taking over. She cuddled into his warmth as her mother did to hers. Her eyes closed and sleep took over. She hoped Shiro would sleep too.

They had a long journey to Kerberos and that allowed the three to get close and develop a special relationship. Even if it would only be for the mission, they were friends and Katie hoped it might stay that way even after. She knew Shiro and Shiro knew her. That was a start.

Darkness washed over her thoughts and transformed them into a dream of home. A family dinner with Shiro attending. Matt and him joking around about the girl Matt liked with occasional comments from Katie, a smug smile on her face.

Overall it was a fantastic dream, but a dream is still a dream, no matter how much one wants it to be true.

This will be about Katie as she goes through what Matt did while Matt pilots Green with the rest of Voltron. The first few chapters will be showing Katie with Shiro living Shiro's memories. Afterward she'll be alone for some time living what Matt did. The spaces in-between I will fill with what ever comes to mind. I almost forgot to publish this today XD Also now that season four came out, I know where to go with this.

-ThatOneServant out!