12-A Savoir In Ashes

Te-osh and Katie entered a ship bigger then the one they took to the other planet. She saw tons of other commanders checking their locators. She turned to ask Te-osh, but she'd already disappeared. Katie's nerves returned. 

She literally was a newest member there, only having joined a few days ago. She looked around, noticing they each were serious and only few seemed nervous. Katie, on the other hand, was an erupting volcano on the inside. She may have hid her nerves well, but it didn't make the go away any.

The ship jumped and ended up before a planet like earth, but with green-blue water. Katie's stomach began to knot up as the ship began to lower itself into the planet's atmosphere. She made sure she had everything a person would need when facing tall purple aliens.

She noticed a huge ship behind them that was defiantly not their own. It was deploying smaller vessels that flew past them and to the planet below. It was a galra cruiser. How had no one else noticed? Maybe they did, but it was of little importance.

They saw the ground approaching and Katie froze. The towns were under attack, smoking and on fire. The ship slowed as it came only yards away from the surface. The Freedom Fighters prepared to leave the shuttle immediately and jump into the heat of battle. Katie took stance with them, pulling out her staff.

The ship touched the surface and the doors flew open. Katie charged with the others onto the field, taking their stances. She went to help evacuate any civilians still alive into a supply ship. Her eyes scanned wreckage after wreckage of what was once a striving town. 

She guided who she could to the ships until the town was eradicated. A purple beam from the sky blew up the town. They watched for a few moments in awe at the damage done in only a few seconds. "Take off. That's all the people this thing can fit," Katie informed the pilot. The pilot nodded and flew off. 

Katie ran through the landfill that was once a town. She saw body after body. Metal plates and pipes laid, stranded on the ground. She didn't let herself cry. She turned around and began to help the town a yard away. She had sent off her third ship when a bright light began growing in the sky.

Another blast, this time bigger then the last. Katie freaked. "Te-osh!" she called, spotting her friend. "Come on, we're stopping that thing." Her alien friend nodded and they flew up in a fallen galra drone. 

When they got close enough, Katie instructed her to push a giant space rock in front of the gun until they could find a more permanent solution. "You sure that'll work?" Te-osh asked, not too sure of Katie's plan.

"Yes. It will stop the shot from hitting the planet. The smaller meteorites will mean nothing!" Katie informed. "Now, quick!" Te-osh put the drone in action, slamming its side into the rock to push it across the space. It positioned itself right in front of the cannon just as it blasted.

Katie's eyes widened at the fire power it had. The comet was completely destroyed. Not a trace of it left. She couldn't imagine what'd it could do to the planet. "Te-osh," she muttered and earned a nod in return.

"I know. We can't let that thing shoot one more time," the alien replied. Katie needed a solution. "Maybe we can destroy it with our own blasters." Just as they approached, other drones realized that they weren't friendly and began attacking.

Te-osh avoided shot after shot. "That wouldn't work anyway. There's a shield around it. We'd have to find a way around that," Katie shouted as she was thrown against the wall. 

"Sorry!" Te-osh called, dodging another shot. She blasted a few of the drones, hitting dead on. She cheered at her small victory. Katie's head throbbed and her arm screamed in pain. Why were these walls so solid?

"Don't be. We can't control them. Only Zarkon can. Now, you take care of those pests while I think of a way to take care of that pest," she said, pointing at the cannon when she said the second 'pest.'

Matt walked the halls of the Castle of Lions. It had been a few days since the last sign of Zarkon or any of the galra. Allura was worrying there was something up his sleeve. Matt thought otherwise. They were just searching in the wrong places.

To use the time they had, they'd been using the training deck like crazy. Mission after mission in that room full of tricks. Allura had really pushed their need of bonding even after they had. She wants them to keep that bond alive and well.

Matt saw a familiar back sitting on the bridge, staring at the sky. What was Shiro doing out here this late? "What are you doing?" Matt asked as he cautiously approached. Shiro turned at his voice and gave an awkward smile.

"Just staring at the stars, thinking of how Katie's doing. I'm worried. I shouldn't have left her in the first place. Though, we'd been separated for a week leading to my escape. Knowing her condition, she probably thought it was only hours. I can't help but think of her still wasting away in that cell," Shiro said, looking at his hands.

Matt stood next to him and crossed his arms. "I'm sure she'd be offended that you think so lowly of her. Simple hunger and fatigue won't take her out of the race. She'll find a way to leave or we'l do it for her," the short teen replied, smiling at the stars. "After all, that's the Katie I know."

"Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't be so worried about her. If there's anything she knows how to do, that's hold her own. It may take a little time for her to adjust, but she will," Shiro added quietly, rubbing his hands together. "Now, it's cold. I can't have Katie learning you got a cold because of me. She'll go beast mode and lecture me with her fists."

Matt nodded. "Yeah, Beast Katie is scary. Don't want you catching a cold either, she'll whoop me for that too." The two boys smiled and entered the castle, leaving behind some worry and guilt that they both shared. They will find her again or she'll find them. 

GWAHAHHA I FINALLY DID IT!!! I WROTE THIS CHAPTER!! Now two more to go. Now that I got it flowing, it'll be easier. 

-ThatOneServant, the smiling author, out!!!