13- A Fixing

The others were fighting diligently on the surface against the galra invaders while Katie and Te-osh were trying to solve their biggest problem. Not an ideal situation for anyone. "It's going to take a few minutes to reload. That small one took about fifteen, so this one will take about thirty. We have to warn the people below," Katie informed, rushing her alien friend.

"That's impossible. We mobilized all our Freedom Fighters! That's over a 250,000! Then there's the civilians! We only have around 20,000 ships," Te-osh explained. The numbers made Katie surprised. There were that many people fighting? She knew that there were whole galaxies that she's never known of in existence, but that's still a bunch. 

"Well, that just means we have more to save. If we take hold of a galra ship like that smaller one that just showed up, we can save more!" Katie said, pointing at a galra ship that just jumped.

"Katie, you have a mind so pure. We can't save everyone. Many have already died due to that blast. It took out a ship with my friend since birth in it," Te-osh informed as she blasted another drone. Katie felt her heart weigh heavy. She didn't know.

"I'm aware and I'm sorry. I'm not a child. I am Katie Holt, Freedom Fighter against the galra and their schemes. I can handle a little death," she answered, holding onto Te-osh's shoulder for balance as the drone danced all over the place.

"You sure?" the alien asked and Katie gave her a slow nod. "Okay, well let's simply broadcast it so we can watch the cannon's progress." Katie didn't want the cruiser to intercept the transmission and listen in to their warning.

"What if they intercept it? We could risk their escape and them rushing the ion cannon!" Katie warned. Te-osh nodded.

"I'm aware. Though, it's the best course of action!" Te-osh cried as she touched the communicator attached to her ear. "Everyone needs to discard the planet. The galra have a huge weapon. Get who you can. We're bringing in a stolen galra ship."

Katie could hear faint replies from the earpiece, but couldn't make out any of it. The drone was then flown towards the smaller galra ship that was about half the size of the one with the ion cannon. The ship didn't suspect them of being enemies since they threw the drones off their trail.

They snuck on undetected. One by one they took out drones until they reached the main room. "Once inside we can turn the other drones off," Katie whispered to her companion. Kate counted down from five on her hand. When she put down her final finger -- her pinky --, they charged in.

They're weapons being the droids' guns that they took out only moments before. Katie took out the closest while Te-osh took care of the ones right at the panel before they could send an alarm. "What now?" Te-osh asked.

"Use that droids' hand to activate the ship and fly it down to the surface. If we enter, they'll cease trying to fire long enough for use to get people out of there," Katie ordered as she threw the droids to the side. 

Te-osh got to work, flying the ship into the planet. Meanwhile, Katie made sure she had turned every droid off for now. "This technology is amazing! I can't wait till I dissect it!" she cheered, messing with all the computers she could see.

"Careful, we don't want you messing with something and making this worse for us," Te-osh warned, glaring at Katie before returning back to work. Katie couldn't help but think of Shiro scorning her for playing with buttons during their mission. 

"Katie, you can't just play with the buttons! How did you even get nominated for this?" Shiro sternly said to her. Katie rubbed the back of her neck, laughing nervously. "Mrs. Holt why have you not gotten on to her yet?"

"Don't turn this to me! I'm just letting her off because I'm busy working," Mrs. Holt replied, staring at the job before her. "We can't have a mistake happen. Let her work. You focus on your job too." They silenced after that, but Shiro glanced at her and she stuck her tongue out in return. The two laughed and Mrs. Holt smiled. "That's better...," she added with a knowing smile.

Katie hadn't understood that look until she spent months in the cell with Shiro. Her mother knew. She knew what would become of them. She knew that Katie would fall helplessly in love with him.

"Te-osh, let's do this. We are saving this planet no matter what," Katie randomly said, thinking of her family and Shiro. "This will be a step in the right direction. The whole galaxy will know of us after this day if we win our fort back. Our coalition will be known everywhere if we pull this off." Te-osh nodded.

Shiro began to seem like an older brother to Matt. Whenever he need reassurance about his sister and mother, he'd go to Shiro for stories. He loved all of them. The stories of his mother were limited because she was taken from them early on in their imprisonment. 

"We were all close by time we reached Kerberos," Shiro began, happiness and nostalgia in his eyes, "It's abnormal. I felt closer to them then I ever felt with anyone, even Keith. And Keith is like a little brother to me! We laughed as one so many times. I really enjoyed our time together. I really looked up to your mother, she was something. Katie, on the other hand, was a child in a teen's body."

Matt laughed. He didn't like just stories with extreme detail, but also summaries of a long period of time. "Sounds like you have her figured out already. Though...," Matt cut off. The pain of the past seemed a little too daunting. 

"Though," Shiro echoed, "she is something completely different. She pulls people in and makes everything seemingly fade away. She has a special ability and she doesn't even know it. She puts a smile on everyone's face." Matt nodded in agreement.

That was exactly right. Katie drew people in and gives them happiness unknown. He looked at Shiro and a question ran across his mind. He'd been picking up little hints here and there when he talked to Shiro, but now he had to know. "Hey, Shiro. Do... do you love my sister?"

GWAHAHAH I'm so evil aND I'M SOOO CLOSE TO CATCHING UP *-* Expect the next updates to be tomorrow, Friday, and Sunday. I'm almost caught up with my updates. I'M SOOO HAPPY!!!

-ThatOneServant, the girl who gets field day Friday despite being in high school, out!