11- A Planet Is Attacked

Matt walked the halls in search of one of the inhabitants, but not one was in sight. His mind was swimming with thoughts of how Allura comforted him. He was embarrassed that she saw him in such a weak state. 

He spotted Shiro up ahead. He felt like calling after him, but the taller male noticed him first. "Oh, hi Matt," he said. Matt greeted him too.

"Hello. Do you know where everyone is?" the brunette asked. Shiro took a moment to think. 

"Coran and Allura are in the control room, maybe you can ask them. I was heading there," Shiro explained, motioning for Matt to follow. Matt did as suggested and followed Shiro to the control room.

Inside, Matt couldn't bring himself to look at Allura in her eyes, so he focused on everything but her. "Do you know where the other guys are at?" Matt asked Coran.

"Hunk's cooking and I think Keith said he was going to the pool... Allura where's Lance?" Coran rambled. Matt turned to Allura, but focused her hair. Her beautiful, flowing hair.

"That's funny... Lance said he was going to the pool too," Allura responded, messing with some altean technology. They all froze.

"So their going to the pool... together. Don't they have to go through an elevator first?" Shiro said. Allura nodded. Matt and Shiro shared a glance.

"Break the elevator," Matt said. The Alteans looked at them strangely before realizing their reason. Allura gave a wicked smile and walked over to an altean computer. She pressed a few things and showed a camera feed of the two boys in the elevator.

"Coran get Hunk and make him bring space goo. We'll be enjoying the show," Allura commanded with a evil grin on her face. Coran went to Hunk while the three circled the feed. Not everyday you trap your friends in an elevator together to make them hook up.

Katie had been enjoying the days at the city, being able to look at their cool machines and technology. She even got to help repair the wing on the ship and the other broken objects. The ship had been repaired and everyone was ready to board. 

Waving goodbye to the aliens, the pilot and Katie entered the shuttle after everyone else. They left the planet behind, making . Katie yearn for home once more at the site of its colors. She turned away and focused on returning to the Freedom Fighters. 

"I heard from Foré that there's a mini mall there," Katie said, pointing at a planet they past. She was excited to know something. The pilot nodded.

"What exactly did they tell you?" the translator asked, coming in from the back. Katie took a moment to think. They told her all kinds of rumors and facts about the world her home planet didn't know about.

"Lots of things. I mean a lot," Katie said, giggling to herself. The pilot and translator shared a glance before also laughing.

"Should I be worried about that response?" the pilot asked. Katie shook her head again.

"No, you shouldn't. It helped me get a grasp on the world around me. You know, where I come from, we didn't know that you guys even existed. You could say we were lucky and weren't under garla control. Though, they were headed towards my home, so they may be enslaved now too," Katie explained. The other two fell silent.

"You said headed... If you didn't know others existed, where were you?" the translator asked. Katie wondered for a moment if she should tell. The mission was top secret, but its not like they were any harm.

"Me, my mother, and a friend were sent on a mission to a moon to gather samples of the ice there. During our gathering, we were attacked by the galra and taken prisoner," Katie said, looking out the window in a distant gaze. "My mother is still a captive. That's why I signed up for this. So I can find her. My friend escaped before I did and is somewhere. Maybe I should find him too..."

"This friend sounds more then a friend by the way you sound when you talk of him. You speak in the same tone as you do when you mention your mother. Is he close?" the translator asked. Katie felt her cheeks heat up.

"My mother was taken from us in the beginning, so for my entire imprisonment, all we had were each other. We are close. Well, were. I doubt I'd be seeing him anytime soon," Katie explained. The translator nodded.

"I have a little idea of your character now. You know, everyone who fights for freedom have also lost something. You'll fit in just fine," the pilot randomly said. "Sorry for making you think of painful memories."

"No, I think that I should be able to see these memories as happy ones, not sad. I'll find them one day, I know it. I have the anime gods on my side, after all," Katie replied, laughing at her own little joke only she understood. "Don't ask."

The pilot gave her a look and turned back to the panel before him. Soon they arrived back to base. They were surprised to have Te-osh run up to them in a hurry.

"Good, you returned just in time. A major freedom fighter planet is under attack. We need to prepare to help. If we loose this planet, we loose the start of out alliance," she said, grabbing Katie's wrist. "You're with me."

Katie didn't complain as she was dragged off. She waved goodbye to the two she's been with for a while, but never learned their names. She will do that later. She only feels bad for not knowing. "Good to see you. Explain about this planet," she said.

"Good to see you too. This planet is alone, no others around it for miles. That's why the galra haven't attacked till now. It rains there and currently its the start of our alliance," Te-osh described. Katie nodded. 

"Anything else you want to tell me while were talking?" Katie added, just to make sure that was nothing left to say before one of them dies. 

"Two things: Your locator has galra info stored in it and your face is pinned up on every galra-owned place in existence. That galra you let slip, saw your face and now it's everywhere," Te-osh said. Whoops.

Yesh. Got everything in motion. YESH I plan to have a time skip to where Matt and Pidge reunite before chapter 20 so I have a few chapters of Shiro and Pidge catching up.

-ThatOneServant, the obedient author, out!