Work

Olivia's POV
Today is Friday which means I have to go into work, and I'm dreading it. It's not that I dislike work. I actually really enjoy it. It's just that I'm super tired and confused from the school day I had. Once I reach home I get into my work clothes. Which is all black, and start walking towards the restaurant. It's pretty far so the walk is long luckily it gives me some time to clear my head.

The owner is my uncle. He looks out for me since he can't get full custody. He tries to keep me away from my father and at work as much as possible. He doesn't know the extent of the abuse I go through, but he knows that my father doesn't really care and is pretty negligent. It's his brother so he doesn't want to call the cops.

I walk in the doors with a smile on my face. Amelia, one of the waitresses, greets me.

"Hey Liv how was school?" She asks me. I smile back at her.

"Pretty good". I reply before stepping into the kitchen where my uncle David and his sous chef Antonio are prepping for the meal. Dante is making salads. They all look up when I enter and smile. They all say their own greetings before going back to there tasks. I walk downstairs to the storage area and put my bag down. I then put my hair up and pet the restaurant's cat Blue.

I wash my hands in the basement sink, before tying an apron around my waist and putting my hair up into a ponytail.

I walk back up the stairs and start cutting up bread and making coffee for the staff. At 5:30 the tickets start arriving and I start getting to work. I'm a good runner which means running the food from the kitchen to the dining room and back. It starts off pretty slow but it's Friday so I know it'll get worse. Suddenly Amelia comes back into the kitchen. David looks at her.

"What's wrong Amelia?" He asks.

"There is a table of five boys asking for Olivia to serve them" she replies looking at me. Uncle David raises an eyebrow at me. I shake my head. Trying to convey that I don't know who these people are. He's really overprotective.

"Well, we did start talking about training you to wait tables. Think you can do it?" He asks me. I nod my head eagerly. I wanna be able to wait tables. It pays a lot better. Amelia hands me a notebook and a pen and points out the table to me. I just nod and start walking towards them. When I get close to them I can make out who the boys are. I stop in my tracks. It's Dylan and his friends. I sigh and keep walking forward keeping a happy smile on my face.

"Hello my name is Olivia what would you like to order?" I ask in a chirpy voice. The boys turn to look at me. All of them smirk. I turn and look at Dylan.

"I'd like a coke," he says. I just nod and write it down.

"Water"

"Orange soda"

"Root beer"

"I'd like a shot of whiskey, please," Noah says. I look down at him with a glare and he snickers.

"Just water then" he laughs.

I write down all of their orders and turn to leave.

"Olivia" Dylan voice calls. "We're not trying to make fun of you. We just want you to be friends with us". He has sincerity in his voice and for once I believe something someone is telling me. I just give them all a smile and a nod before returning to the kitchen to get their orders.

Dylan's  POV
(A few hours earlier)

"Don't you think this is a little stalkerish?" Julian asks me. I just turn to look at him and give him a warning look. I turn back to Ronan who is typing in Olivia's name into the computer.