10

I woke up Sunday morning in my bed, on my side, with Lloyd's arm wrapped around me and his head right behind my shoulder.
So yeah, we slept together. I mean, not that kind of slept together. Just, in the same bed. Without an inch between us. That kind.
Now, you're probably thinking something along the lines of, "what the fuck? Lloyd is spooning Landen now?" But at least let me tell you how we got here.

"Okay, you ready to go?" Lloyd asked, grabbing his jacket and his car keys.

I nodded, and Evan started walking out the door.

In the car, we were of course listening to Suicide Silence. It was kind of funny that Lloyd liked them. You wouldn't expect one of the popular guys to like that kind of music. But he did. And I was glad he wasn't ashamed of it or anything.

"Do you want to stop and get something to eat or something?" Lloyd asked Evan.

Evan shook his head.
"I'm not dumb enough to drink on a full stomach."

"Whatever."

At the party, there were a lot of people. Enough to where there was barely any room to move my elbows in the living room. The party was filled with a bunch of drunk girls in miniskirts and guys who looked like they lived to be there. And then of course there was the kids who looked like someone made them come.

Before long, some guys ran up to Evan and Lloyd.

"There's my boysss." One of the guys said, obviously wasted.

"And there's my...overly drunken Danny." Lloyd chuckled.

Since the guys were on the basketball team, they knew Evan very well. And since Lloyd was his best friend, they knew him well, too. But they only took Evan with them, and promised to be right back, leaving Lloyd and I.

"Are you thirsty?" Lloyd asked, leading me toward the kitchen.

I shrugged. I wasn't planning on drinking alcohol. So if that's what Lloyd was offering me, I probably wasn't going to take it.

Well, he gave me a bottle of water. He said he didn't plan on drinking either, since he was driving us home.

The music was loud. Everyone seemed to be screaming. Before long, my head was throbbing, my ears were ringing, and I was starting to get dizzy. I decided it was time to take a break, so I went outside.

I didn't even belong at these types of things. People like me didn't belong at parties. I knew mom wouldn't have made me go. I just wanted to see what it was like. I was bored. I had a throbbing headache. No one except for Lloyd was even saying anything to me.

"Landen?" I heard a familiar voice say.

I turned my head to the side to see Ariana walking towards me. She was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, a dark blue t shirt that came down to just above her pants, and black boots that came up to just above her ankle. She had her hair curled and in a pony tail, and she was walking in my direction.

"Hi, Ariana." I said.

She came up next to me and smiled at me as I leaned against the wall.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

I shrugged. "My brothers friend made me come. What about you? How did you know about this party?"

"My dad works with a lot of these people's parents." She said. "Some of them I grew up with, some I'm friends with. I'm good friends with the guy who's throwing the party, though."

I raised my eyebrows.
"You're friends with Carter Dean? He's like, one of the most popular guys in the whole school."

"His mom went to school with my dad and they work at the same hospital. I grew up with him." Ariana smiled. "A lot of people here know me just because of him."