Chapter twenty six

I woke up and yawned slowly.

I rolled over and fall out of my bed, ow, well that's one way to get out of a bed.

Should I go to the beach or shouldn't I? I mean, Marcus wants to talk to me, I've barely ever really talked to him.

And Tom said I shouldn't, well, he also said that something was probably going to happen to a Mermaid, I could go, they just wouldn't see me, I could watch from the cliff.

But first I need to tell Molly. I get my phone out, and press Molly's contact and wait, after two rings she answered.

Molly: Hello Serena, how are you?

Me: I'm fine but I called you to tell you something, I think something dangerous is going to happen to the mermaids, so don't go near the beach, and tell all the other mermaids as well that they can't go near the beach.

Molly: Serena are you in danger, is something bad going to happen?

Me: No Molly look I have to go, be safe.

Molly: You know normally when something happens I'm meant to say those words, well we'll be safe Ok, promise me that you aren't going to do something dangerous.

Me: I promise not to do anything dangerous, nothing too dangerous.

Me: Goodbye Molly.

Molly: Bye Serena.

I put the phone off I then stood up and yawned once again, why am I so tired?

I change clothes and then walk towards the window, I open the curtains, I look at the view, it wasn't as great as before but I was still amazing.

I leave the curtains open and run out of my house, I don't know what to expect from Marcus, that's the problem with living in a world with Werewolves and more, anything literally is possible, Marcus could introduce me to a Unicorn or just want to talk to me.

I run down the stairs, I don't like that floating box.

I then start walking towards the beach but on a different path that I normally take, I normally take the main road but it had been stopped.

When I arrive near the beach I slowly start walking to the bench on  cliff, I don't want to be stopped and I'm probably not in a rush.

Wait, Marcus didn't freaking tell me what time I had to be there at the beach! I don't even know if he is there, he might have meant 11 O'clock in the afternoon, he never said it wasn't.

You know what, I should not be freaking out this much now, even though I probably should have freaked out before, I mean I'm not in a rush.

I walk nearer the cliff. There seem to be no birds flying near the beach, as if they know something.

The silence is so strange, the only noises are my footsteps and the small sound of the waves hitting the cliff.

There aren't even any random joggers running about, it's like they know something I don't know. It's as if everyone knows something I don't know.

I arrive at the cliff, no one was sitting on the bench.

I came near the bench and I sat down, looking at the view. It was beautiful.

I look to my left and see a group of people on the beach, they were quite far but I could see something was happening.

I stared at them and concentrated my eyes to get my Mermaid's eyesight back.

After 2 minutes  I could see who the people were.

There were two people in the middle of a semi circle made out of people.

The people in the middle have both raised their arms into the sky and were muttering words, the other people surrounding them didn't look very happy, they were all frowning.

All of the people weren't dressed for a beach, more like a business meeting and the two other people in the middle looked as if they were dressed for a costume party, they had hoods over their faces.

"Hey Serena." Are the words which put me out of my spyi-viewing the view. It was Marcus, he was here.

"Hey Marcus." I said, I then waved at him.

"How long have you been waiting here?" Marcus asked me.

"Well, you're here now so that doesn't matter." I say, ha I only came a few minutes earlier than you.

"Look what is it that you wanted to tell me?" I asked him.

He looked at me then sat down on the bench beside me, he looked like he was thinking, as if he was having a conversation with himself.

"I... I wanted to speak to you because I want to tell you something, I.... ok look I-" Marcus answered before being interrupted by a bird, where did this bird appear from? The bird flew off.

"What, what is it you want to tell me?" I asked.

He answered really quickly." Look I would maybe like to work at the Starbucks that you work at and I would like if you put a good word in for me." I said smiling.

"Um yeah ok." I said, was that all, well yeah.

"Ohh Serena sorry I have to go, and I have to tell you something I probably think you should know, if you go down that path over there, it is good. Bye."

Marcus walked off. Quickly.

I look at the crowd of people once again, I stand up, to take a closer look.

I take a step forwards near the cliffs edge, the waves far below hitting the cliff loudly.

With my Mermaid senses I see the crowd of people have all walked near the coast of the beach, there are some people with sunglasses that are taking their glasses off and trying to clean them, as if they saw something unbelievable.

I look at their faces and see shock. I face the way and see something, I take one more step froward.

And I see someone in the beach, they had a tail and a normal human face, Mermaid, and guess which Mermaid it was, Molly. 

No! Molly. I feel my hands heat up, and I look at my hand and see a small flame   in it.

I feel anger go through me.

My heart beat is quickening up.

The flame in my hand is becoming  stronger and stronger.

Suddenly someone pushes me forwards from behind me, I go forwards and fall.

Straight off of the cliff, I claw the cliff's face and hold onto a tree root. Why? Who? I look up but see that the person that had pushed me had ran away.

My hands begin to slip, I look down at the sea, the waves covering and uncovering the sharp rocks at the bottom of the cliff.

Suddenly I hear a branch snap.

Unedited.

I know, I actually wanted to make a cliff hanger for ages. Thank you for reading, please vote, comment and if you want share. That is all, have a wonderful day or night.