Chapter Twenty Five

Hi so this is in Italian but remember that Despacito went crazy but most people didn't know what the words were, and I quite like it, not only the words but the music in the background.
The is called Un cuore in due by Francesca Michielin. Un cuore in due has kind of two meanings, one of the meaning is a heart in two and the other is a heart between two. So yeah I recommend for you to listen.
_______________________

Experience is a hard teacher, because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

Vernon Law
_________________________
"Serena."

I look at the person I ran into and see Tom staring back at me. Two people were beside Tom, both of them were wearing sunglasses.

I look at the two other people and see the people staring at me, their heads were facing me.

I look at one of them.

"Charles?"

Yep it was Charles, the person who had went into my home and trashed it for a T.V show.

Charles looked at me, and put of his sunglasses.

"How do-." Charles was interrupted by Tom. "Do you know each other?"

"Yes we do." Charles said, realisation on his face.

"Look, can I please talk to you." Tom said, he turned his head side to side to see the people beside him."Alone." His voice changed to a normal volume to a bit louder and slower.

The two people take it as a clue to go and the one that was Charles pt his sunglasses back on." Ok we'll be over there A-Tom." Charles stopped himself from saying Alpha, he probably thought I believed that Werewolves and Vampires etc were only fantasy, oh if only he knew, I hope Tom didn't tell him.

Tom drags me to a library that I had walked past by. It looked like it was kind of new, as if it had been built in only about 5 years before. He drags me to two bean bags that were sitting on the ground, the bean bags were not very near anyone that were sitting at the tables.

"Look, I need to tell you something, I think you should tell the other Mermaids to not come to the beach tomorrow or even near it, it is dangerous." Tom said to me, he looked about, trying to look about for any suspicious people who were trying to listen in the conversation.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Why are they not allowed near the coast, did they find some monster that also takes Mermaids?

"Well fear can make people believe anything and... well they found a fish scale on the place where someone had been last at the coast, they are starting to believe that maybe Mermaids aren't fake, I didn't and probably wouldn't even think about Mermaids until I met you,  so I think some people know something which I don't." Tom finished his speech and took a breath.

"So if a Mermaid comes near the coast something is going to happen to them?" I asked to make sure, maybe he just told me that because they were going to video Mermaids and send it out to the entire world.

"Yes it is." Tom said to me.

While we were talking we started to slowly sink in the bean bags.

"Did you tell anyone about me? What did you tell people about the beach?" I asked Tom.

"I told no one, I just told them that you helped me and you were a good swimmer." He said.

"Also I have a question, do you know someone by the name Marcus?" I asked Tom.

"Well I kind of know him, he i-you know what you're are meant to find out by yourself, sorry but it's important, just know this, he isn't in my pack." Tom said to me, what does that mean?

"Also I have a question, are you like a siren in the books, can you kill or hurt people with your voice, I just want to know, I mean I am a bit curious." He asked.

"Well singing and screaming does not affect other Mermaids more than a human or another specie's scream or shout but I think it does affect all the other species." I answered.

"Ok thanks for telling me." Tom said.

"Now I have a question for you, are Werewolves afraid of fire like in the books?" I was always was kind of curious about this.

"Well Werewolves are a bit more frightened than humans of fire, it's just instincts, like humans are afraid of the dark because they used to be the prey in the food chain." Tom said to me, I nodded.

"Thanks for telling me." I said.

I heard a soft buzzing noise, Tom got out his phone from his pocket and answered it, we were still sinking slowly into the bean bags that we were sitting on.

After Tom listened to the person taking to him he pressed a button on his phone and put his phone back into his pocket.

"Look Serena I have to go, nice talk, see you later." Then he said in a small whisper under his breath." Hopefully."

Tom then walked off. After 5 minutiae of trying to get off of the bean bag I was sitting on, I stood up and walked out of the Library.

I got back to my apartment and closed the door shut, I went to the fridge and found some food, I then eat a sandwich and I go to the bathroom and take a shower.

After the shower I wrapped my hair in a towel and changed into my pajamas.

I found a small radio and put on some music. I then took a step forwards, I threw my towel off of my mostly dry hair and tried dancing like the ice skaters.

I twirled and turned and jumped around, I probably looked silly but I don't care it is so fun.

After dancing by myself for a bit I couldn't stop laughing, it was just so much fun.

I went to the window and watched the sun, it looked like it was about to set.

I looked at the time and realised it was kind of late.

I closed and made sure the window was locked, said then closed the curtains and walked to my room and fell into my bed and immediately fell asleep, thinking about everything today was kind of alright, it wasn't my fault that girl had chosen the wrong Starbucks to go to.

I fell into a deep sleep, a better sleep than I had in a few months.