Chapter nine

Vampires .

No . No . No . Vampires, creatures that live off eating the blood of other creatures.

And guess what blood they like the best... mermaids . For them it is rare to get the blood of a mermaid because they would get burned in the sun and we are really good at hiding . They go crazy for mermaid blood . I heard that a vampire got killed by another vampire because that were both fighting for a mermaid's blood.

I am so happy that I smell and look like a human . I put the plates and cutlery and cups in the dishwasher. I filled it to the maximum and then put it on .

I can't stop thinking about the vampires that were not that far away from me . I can hear my heart beat quicken . A few people start to look my way. Wait if vampires are here maybe a werewolf is here too , I have to know . I need to have my mermaid senses , I know this is silly but I have to . I then go down and tie my shoelace so no one can see my ears change .

I breath in and then let my mermaid senses wave over me but not too much so then I do not get a  tail . My scent changes to a salt/strawberry scent so I still kind of smelled like a human.

I smelled through my nose and smelled the scent of two vampires a few Werewolves , a couple of humans and one witch.

I quickly turned into a human and I quickly went and crawled into the staff room , no one was there and no one saw me , I stood up and walked through the other door to the hall that lead to the bathrooms for the customers so the vampires would not know that it was me who was a mermaid.

I then walked to the place and saw that one of the vampires with the hoodie was in the seat that they were in but they couldn't move because the bouncy girl was kind of hugging him , so if anyone else saw it would look like a  hug , not someone trying to stop someone from going crazy . The calm boy  was whispering to the other hoodie person , probably to not go ballistic and try to find the mermaid who was me.

I saw that their cups of water were empty so I asked if they wanted me to refill them with water . They all thanked me and I got their cups and filled them with water.

I put the cups on their table and walked off. Before I was able to get an order from someone else, the bouncy girl walked up to me and said :" Hi Serena , have I seen you before ?" She said reading my name on the name tag I was wearing .

"No I think you must be getting confused with another person ." I replied.

I walked off and then received a message , Molly .

Molly: hi are you alright?

Me: yes I am perfectly fine . I can not talk to you much , I am at work sorry.

Molly: okay text me if you need anything. Oh by the way someone  new is in the kingdom , his name is Sam , he seems to be a bit dumb because he sometimes looks at the other mermaids using their powers and stares at them as if they were the most powerful mermaid, I can not wait for you to see him , maybe by accident. I'll update tomorrow.

She told me this because we had to know everyone who was in my kingdom for safety reasons , someone might get kidnapped or to just know how many mermaids where in our kingdom .I look at the time on my phone and saw that it was time to go. I spoke to Carla and she let me go. As I walked out of the door I felt a sudden pain at my neck but it past as quickly as it came.

I then went to a shop to find what I have not had a chance to look for , a mode of transportation. I look at the shop and found a bike. Just a normal bike , no engines .It was very good looking, and environmental. I bought the bike and walked off with it in one of my hands .

It was hard carrying a bike up a few stairs but I was able to do it . As I put my bike in my apartment I saw someone look at me. He was a tall man , he had a tattoo on one of his arms . He then walked in his own apartment , which was just beside my own apartment. 

The reason I brought my bike was because I wanted to keep it safe .

I changed into my and got a cup of tea . I put some sugar in it as well.

I then went and walked up to a window in my kitchen , outside my window was a fire escape. I sat down on window ledge , my feet touching the fire escape. Luckily because of the way that my house was faced , I could see the sea . I have never seen it like this , it was beautiful, a small breeze went through my hair .

This was an alright day. I got to see  vampires. And I made sure that I still had my mermaid senses for emergencies.

I still have not had the chance of checking out the myth with my voice . I close my eyes and just start singing a song . Not that loud so I do not disturb many people .

Song : I knew you were trouble by Taylor Swift . Serena does not have an instrument with her except her voice so she is only singing .

Once upon a time a few mistakes ago I was in your sights , you got me alone .
You found me , you found me , you found me . I guess you didn't care, and I guess you liked that
And when I fell hard you took a step back .
Without me, without me , without me.

And he's long gone when he's next to me
And I realise the blame is on me .

During the time that I sang only those few words a few cars were stopping near my apartment, they had parked but I did not see them walk out of the car . I only saw their windows go down . They were probably going to tell me off for disturbing everyone and my bad voice but I just wanted to sing so I kept going .

Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
Til you put me down , oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground
Oh ,oh ,trouble , trouble , trouble
Oh, oh , trouble , trouble , trouble

More people arrived . What is this , are they all silently listening to me and timing me , so then they can report me to the police and say how long I sang ? Well why isn't anyone telling me that I am disturbing them ?

Scroll down and keep reading please .