Chapter eight

Serena's POV

The day after Serena found some people in her apartment.

After the truck came , and they somehow fixed everything, they as well brought an updated version of the T.V and a computer , they went out .

"So , the reason you were in my house was because of a T.V show?"I ask them again for the fifth time. Really why go on all that trouble and take the chance of being arrested or worse for a T.V show ?

"Yes , yes that is the reason." The gre- I mean Charles said.

They then walked of. Humans are very different from mermaids. I closed the door. The bringing and fixing stuff took about 2 hours , they said that there had been a few unseen problems . I have still been sleeping in my own home , in my undamaged room, they said that they would come back after having some rest and fixing a few problems. As well there is a lock on my door so if I am sleep walking I don't accidentally hurt someone or myself .

Today is going to be so exciting. I am so happy . I can not keep it in . I quickly brush my straight black hair , I put on some jeans and a blue shirt and run outside closing the door in a rush only 10 minutes after they went out .

I ran to the place , as I was passing I saw the three of them talking, they looked at me running and looked confused, I then arrived to the place . The place that I had run so quickly too was Starbucks.

The symbol was a mermaid, it looked kind of strange . But she looked pretty. Before walking inside of the cafe I put my hair into a ponytail . I then walked in.

I saw that a few people were in the shop but not that many , about half a dozen . No one was in front of the cashier so I went up to it .

I then waited there for 30 seconds then a girl walk up to me , she was on the other of the counter .

"Hey , how can I help you? "She said in a British accent .

"Hi , I am the new waiter ." I replied to her .

"Oh ,Serena right? Well come on . I'll show you around ."

She then showed me the staff room and gave me an apron so that f I spilled anything it would not get onto my clothes , she then taught me how to use a machine that made something called coffee , I think . She then taught me how to get some food orders from customers .

She then taught me a few other stuff . After teaching me a few things a couple of hours had passed by . Wow time passed by quickly . The coffee machine was difficult and I kept on accidentally spilling the boiling coffee , well it is not my fault that I have lived all my life under the sea where the coffee is floating and not falling onto the ground and not boiling hot .

During the time she had taught me about working here another person was at the counter , and she had told me her name , her name was Carla .

After a few hours she told me that I was probably ready to start working with her looking over me to see if I listened to her at all.

I walked up to the counter and in ten seconds a guy with hoodie covering his face walked up to me .

"Ok so I would like to get a blueberry muffin and a glass of water ." His voice was deep pitched .

The muffin was behind some glass so that the people could see it and maybe , I think , it is there so no one could steal anything from it . You really do not know what people might do for food .

I got the muffin and the glass quickly ." Are you staying or are you going ?" I asked .

"I'm staying ." He said . This is a bit suspicious, why would someone wear a hoodie and try not to show their face ?

He stays there . He drinks the water quickly but does not touch the muffin. He flinched slightly every time the door opened and made it ring a small bell telling someone had entered or exited . He had good hearing then .

Where he sat was not in the sun , it was in the shadows, like he did not want to get anyone's attention .

"Hello , can I get a blueberry muffin and a glass of water?" A girl now asked , she too had a hoodie on , covering her face.

"Stay or to go ?" I asked her .
"Stay ." She then walked off and sat beside the other person wearing a hoodie . I then get told that I have to clean the plates . I get the plates and spray them with water and then put them in the dishwasher.

I looked at one specific plate . It looked no different from the rest but I felt like there was something that I was meant to see. The reflection on the plate showed the seats and the table , something is of , I just can't put my finger on it .

I put the plates , cutlery and the cups in the dishwasher and go to see if there was anyone waiting for me or the other people I am working with.

I see two people , they don't look suspicious at all .

"Hi I would so like a blueberry muffin and a glass of water please ." A girl said , she was jumping about like she was playing tennis and was having a sugar rush , she had two pigtails in her hair .

I gave her order and then she gave me the money , and before I was about to ask if she was staying she ran to the people in the hoodies and started talking to them .

"Hi can I get a glass of water and a blueberry muffin?" A boy asked me , he looked calm but he as well looked like he was in deep concentration . I have the order and then he walked to the hoodie people and pigtail girl. Why are so many people eating blueberry muffins and a glass of water? I have no idea.

I then went and cleaned a few more plates and I looked at the reflection of one of them and realised something, the reflection only showed two people not four .

The hoodie people ....

They .... they were vampires.

The first vampires that I have ever met .