Chapter 4: Nightmares

It all started when my father was alive still, I was 12 years old after everything went down between Mason's father and mine. My father was talking to me about many things about one thing stood out above it all. " Jenn you need to realize that there is only one way out of this life for us, and it's in a body bag. Stop talking about wanting out of it. It's a weakness to show to others. I raised you to be strong and sooner or later your going need to use everything you've learned to defend yourself and help your brother's. Your the smartest out of you 3 and the best shot out you guys. At some point your going to need to pull the trigger at someone and have no second thought about it. Stop wearing your heart on your sleeve it will get you killed. Do you get that baby girl? I need you to be strong in case anything happens to me. I told your brother's to look after you always." Then it turns to the first life I took, it was self defense, the girl was trying to kill me, she was from a rival gang, my arm got grazed by a bullet, then I shot to kill getting hear in the middle of her forehead. I found out later her name was Samantha and she 18 with a 1 year old at home. The papers still report her as missing, she would of been 22 today. The next life I took was a guy that was my age. I father had ordered me to kill him in front of the guys father after taking me, my dad had them both tied to chairs in front of each other. My dad said since he had his son take me, I was going to take his son's life. We were 15. Both of them were never found, nor were ever looked for. The next death I relive is when I was 16. He was my ex boyfriend that decided to hit me around good the one day. I didn't hunt him down no. He tried to run as soon as I pulled out my gun so I shot him in the back, then cut the tendons in his ankles so he couldn't run again. I pulled off every single one of his finger nails. I tourtured him, then shot him to put him out of misery. They found his body in a ditch, I wanted him to be found. It was recklace I know. I could of been caught for murder. They suspected it was me that did it. They knew I was in my father's gang. But they had nothing on me at all. So they couldn't hold me. The judge wouldn't give them the arrest warrant. He told the cops no 16 year old girl could kill someone cold blood like that. I see each and every person's lives I took. When I stops it switched to Devin and I being tied up facing my parents with our mom in a chair tied up and our father on his knees like Devin and I were. Then they killed my mother and father in front of us. They all leave and one stays behind to untie Devin and I before leaving. That was his mistake, we tried to overpower him. Devin and I were trained by the best. We are both skilled fighters. But this guy was better than we were and twice the size of us combined. He shot me in the stomach and got Devin in the arm. Then left us there saying we were lucky his boss wanted us alive.

I wake up shaking and sweating from the nightmare. I see it almost every night, I see the lives of everyone I have taken. I'm only 18 and have taken over 30 people's lives. 4 of them Innocent civilians, who were in the wrong place wrong time and saw things they shouldn't of. If I would of let them go. I would be serving life in prison. Mason was right, it's easier to stop keeping track. It destroys you. I get out of the bed quietly so I don't wake up Mason and walk out of the door. I head downstairs needing a drink so I head to the kitchen. There is a dim light on and I see Kevin sitting at the table as I walk in.

"What are you doing up lil' killer?" I turn to him from searching the cabinets, "I had a nightmare, I need a drink. A strong one, where do you guys keep the hard liquor?" He stand up and walks over to me handing me a pill bottle. "When ever you have a hard time sleeping take these. They will help. I know what your going through with nightmares. I see them every night from when I was in the military. ". I'm stunned I didn't think he would be in the military.

"You were in the military?" I ask as he pulls us out some cups and puts ice in them, before pouring whiskey into the glasses. Kevin passes me one and takes a gulp of his "Ya I enlisted when I was 18 went over seas for 8 months. Never reenlisted again. I went to high school with Mason that's how we met. When I got home Mason offered me a place in his gang so I took it." Kevin stands up and downs the rest of his drink. "I'm heading to bed, see you tomorrow at some point lil' killer."