𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

Start from the beginning

"Danielle's got the flu." The doppelganger tried to break the news gently while Bonnie moved over to hear the problem.

The bride let out a sarcastic chuckle almost like she was in denial. "It sounded like you just said, Danielle has the flu. Which is impossible because Danielle is my wedding coordinator." Jo finally took the news into realization. "Well, how sick is she? Can she still work?"

"It depends on how much vomit you want to have at the wedding."

"To be honest, maybe this is a good thing." Caroline's perky voice echoed through the room which drew everyone's attention to her sudden entrance. "Because no matter how good Danielle was, I'm pretty sure I'm better."

"Caroline!" Evelyn ran over to the blonde and pulled her into her embrace."It's so good to see you. I've missed you so much!"

"Thank you all for getting me back." She sent the three girls an appreciative smile until she got straight down to business. "Okay, now we got a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it."

"Ooh, this is gonna be fun." Evelyn rolled her eyes sarcastically, then downed another drink in the hopes that it would help her with what was to come.

"Elena, just have a drink. You're not going to pass out." Caroline ordered the doppelganger who nodded and headed straight for the drinks. "Evelyn, stop drinking. You probably will pass out." Evelyn groaned when Caroline then targeted Bonnie. "Bonnie, the switch is on the left-hand side on the back. And Jo, I can see your shoes under the couch. Okay, now who's dealing with the boys?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Once the females had finished making the preparations, Evelyn headed upstairs to start her make-up. Part of her wondered if today was what her wedding would be like, full of chaos and malfunctions, but she wouldn't have it any other way. As she grabbed her mascara wand and gently coated her lashes, she felt the presence of Caroline Forbes in the doorway of Damon's en-suite bathroom.

"Evelyn, can we talk?" Caroline's voice was soft and fragile, almost as if she was worried about what the brunette vampire might respond with.

"Sure." Evelyn screwed the wand back onto her mascara wand and set it down on the marble countertop before she spun around to face the blonde. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to say that I am so, so sorry about everything that I said and did to you when my humanity was off. You're one of my best friends, and I was trying to hurt you when I said that it would never be possible that you and Damon couldn't be happy. I'm just—"

"Care, I said some crappy, unforgivable things to you when my humanity was off, too. There's no need for an apology because I forgave you even after you said it. Yeah, don't get me wrong, it hurt. But, it wasn't you." Evelyn tilted her head as a sympathetic smile crept across her lips. "But, I'm really glad you're back."

"Oh, thank God. I kind of wanted to start with an easy one." Caroline chuckled softly as she extended her arm and placed her hand on Evelyn's shoulder. "So, Elena's human, huh? You didn't want that?"

"Absolutely not," Evelyn answered back as she turned toward the mirror to continue her make-up. "Damon and I are happy the way that we are. Why change it?"

Caroline's brow furrowed when she noticed an unreadable expression spread across Evelyn's face like a wildfire. "Okay. What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That face." Caroline pointed with her index finger. "What aren't you telling me?"

"Okay, but if I tell you, you cannot tell anyone. I mean it, Caroline!" Evelyn gave her a pointed look whilst the blonde vampire nodded vigorously. The Austin girl turned the bathroom tap on to prevent anyone from overhearing their conversation. "Damon and I were talking and we've decided that after Ric and Jo's wedding, we're gonna disappear."