𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER NINETEEN | I'D LEAVE MY HAPPY HOME FOR YOU 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVELYN AUSTIN WAS INCREDIBLY EXCITED FOR JO'S BACHELORETTE PARTY. It was the engaged couples time to celebrate the last night of freedom before they finally tied the knot. Caroline had skipped town since she turned her humanity back on to deal with the guilt of everything she had done while her humanity was off, so it was down to Evelyn, Bonnie, and Elena to make sure Jo had the perfect evening.

Evelyn stood in front of the mirror in her bedroom whilst she put the finishing touches to her make-up just before she set off to the diner in the heart of downtown Mystic Falls. She felt Damon's lingering presence behind her, her eyes drifted to him through this reflection in the mirror. "Shouldn't you be downstairs partying with Ric? I mean, I thought you'd at least be drunk by now. You're kind of a lightweight."

"Ooh." Damon playfully pushed his hand across his heart as he stepped forward. "Evelyn Austin, I am wounded. You've wounded me." He chuckled, then grabbed her by the hand and spun her around to face him. "You should be heading to your party. I hear it's gonna be fun with a pregnant woman. Lots of alcohol."

"Uh, shut up. I can still drink." Evelyn bellowed lowly with narrow eyes. "Honestly, I just can't wait until we get out of this place. Have you— have you told anyone?"

"What? That my fiancé and I are planning on skipping town?" Damon scoffed quietly as the pair swayed within each other's hold. "No, have you?"

"Nope." Evelyn sighed again. "To be honest, I don't want to. I don't want to say goodbye, and I don't want a fuss. I just wanna go without anyone even realizing we're gone."

"And we will." He pressed his lips against her forehead carefully. "I love you, Evelyn."

"I love you, too." She beamed up at him. "I should get going. Bonnie and Elena have already texted me a dozen times." She grabbed her phone from the dresser and smirked at him before she left. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"An entire diner to ourselves." Jo cheered whilst she held a cheeseburger in one hand and used the other to plunge food into her mouth. "Actual heaven."

"If Caroline were here we'd be planning a spa day." Elena trailed off whilst she took a large bite of her burger that was in her grasp.

"But now she's M.I.A." Bonnie shrugged as Jo nodded understandingly.

"I don't blame her to be honest. If I could've gone M.I.A after my no-humanity bender, I would've." Evelyn spoke. She remembered back to her time at the end of summer. "It's actually kinda shameful when you turn it on and remember all the awful things you did. I was someone I didn't even recognize."