𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVEN THOUGH KATHERINE PIERCE WAS FINALLY GONE, SHE LEFT ELENA WAS ONE FINAL PARTING GIFT. Just before she headed to the Salvatore House and condemned herself to death, she injected herself with Wes' Ripper Virus, which meant when Elena woke as herself, she would be ravenous and attempt to feed on all of the people that she loved. So, Bonnie had a new witch, Liv, seal Elena into Whitmore College so she was not a danger to anyone while Caroline attempted to find an antidote.

"Eve," Damon's groggy voice spoke as he woke up from a nap. He lifted his head as she sat down a few meters away from him. Evelyn had spent the night in the cell with Damon since she refused to leave his side. "You don't have to be here you know, Jeremy and Matt are dicks but it would give me greater comfort if I hurt them instead of you."

"I figured you'd say something like that," She smiled to herself before she then looked back up at him, his blue eyes locked with hers. "I'm not going anywhere. Here is where I wanna be. And, here is where I'm gonna be, okay?"

"Well, I mean, a few days ago you would've had a very different response to that." Damon chuckled awkwardly as did she. "No, I'm sorry. Let's talk about something else. Something important."

"Important?" She echoed with a confused expression that swept across her face like a wildfire.

"Yeah, like where you want me to take you when I can get the hell out of these damn chains." He lifted his hands up a little as the chains made a noise, then he dropped his hands back into his lap.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe I like you in those chains. Or, even better, we could switch the roles, hm? But, no, you know that I prefer surprises." Evelyn winked, then she rested her head back against the stone wall. "Granted, I've had enough surprises to last a lifetime, but I think I could handle just one more. I promise to look pretty so don't show me up."

"Nobody could ever show you up. Not in my eyes, anyway." He smirked before chuckling under his breath. "Oh, Evelyn. I'm so sorry for leaving you, I swear to you I will never—"

"—No, no, no." The brunette vampire immediately shook her head as she interrupted his speech. "Damon, whatever you're about to say, say it to me when you're cured, okay?"

"Okay." The Salvatore smiled back at her as she tucked a strand of brunette hair behind her ear before she bit down on her lip just as her phone vibrated. The vampire yanked her from her pocket and groaned when she read the text. "What's wrong? What is it, Evelyn?"

"Bonnie. She needs me." The Austin vampire slowly got up to her feet as she pushed her phone back into the back pocket of her denim jeans. "Apparently Elena's losing it at Whitmore, I don't even know. I just— I swear I'll be glad when this damn Ripper-thing has gone. I love you, I'll be back as soon as I can."