𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FIFTEEN | BRING IT ON

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

EVELYN'S EYES SCANNED THE GILBERT GIRL AS SHE DROPPED HER BODY DOWN ONTO THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. Damon had spent a while teaching Elena the technique that he used to feed on people in Mystic Falls, and since her humanity was off, she was all for the idea.

"Are you sure about this?" Evelyn glanced at Damon as they waited in the shadows for a vehicle to approach. The brunette knew it was probably a bad idea, but at least she was supervising a bad idea.

"She's a humanity-free vampire who's hungry. It's not like I'm letting her feed on a bunch of toddlers." Damon retorted with narrowed eyes while his hand brushed against Evelyn's shoulder. "She'll be fine."

Headlights approached in the distance, and Evelyn's breath hitched in her throat—it was time. A woman pulled up a short distance from Elena and ran straight over to her. "Are you alright? Was there an accident? Where are you hurt? Are you in pain?"

"I don't feel anything." Elena Gilbert responded in her usual monotone voice that she had seeming adopted when she flipped her switch.

"I've got a blanket in my car. Try not to move. I'll call for help." Once the woman ran to the trunk of her car in search of the blanket, Elena appeared beside her with her vampire showing. The innocent woman screamed once Elena's desperate fangs came into contact with the side of her neck.

Evelyn could hear Elena's prey's heartbeat begin to falter and that's when she turned to Damon. "Either you stop this, or I will."

"Fine. Come on." The Salvatore rolled his eyes and appeared at Elena's side. "That's enough." He stated bluntly, though Elena didn't listen. Instead, he grabbed her forearm and tugged her from the severely weakened woman. "I said, that's enough."

"I'm sure we told you not to kill anyone before we let you do this, or did that get lost in translation?" Evelyn tilted her head as she scanned Elena. She looked like a shell of the former girl she once knew. Elena was dead behind the ears with crimson liquid all over her mouth.

"This is the first person I've seen in days whose body isn't laced with vervain, and I'm hungry." The doppelganger stated with a careless look on her face.

"If you leave a trail of bodies, people are gonna start asking questions."

"I don't care." Elena rolled her eyes and continued to feed on the woman's neck once more.

Her careless attitude caused a low growl to leave Evelyn's lips before she peeled Elena away from the woman again, this time it was a lot more forceful than Damon's attempt. "Either you show some restraint, or I'll end the party."

"I thought this was supposed to be fun." Elena breathlessly rolled her eyes and dropped the woman onto the middle of the road. She bashed Evelyn's shoulder as she walked past her.