𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | I NEVER COULD LOVE LIKE THAT

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SINCE LILY HAD RETURNED BACK FROM THE PRISON WORLD WITH DAMON AND EVELYN, DAMON HAD REFUSED TO SEE HER AS HIS MOTHER. Even with words of wisdom from his fiancé, the Salvatore's mind remained unchanged. Damon was stubborn, almost as stubborn as the Austin vampire was, but it was also one of the reasons she was so in love with him. Evelyn stood in the mirror with a towel wrapped around her waist, applying mascara after she and Damon had finished showering.

Once Damon had finished wrapping a towel around his waist, he stepped closer to Evelyn and snaked his arms effortlessly around her body while a small smile drifted across her lips. "God, you're beautiful."

"Hm. I wish you were this joyful every morning." A small hum of concentration left the vampire's lips. She was determined not to mess up her make-up, despite all of the attention Damon appeared to be giving her. "What's got you so happy this morning, huh?"

"Uh. So, what're you saying? That I'm not incredibly joyful to be around all the time?" Damon gave her a teasing pout and rested his chin against her shoulder. "Evelyn, I'm almost offended by that, you know."

"Really? Well, somehow I think you'll survive." Evelyn mocked him with a small chuckle just as she dropped her mascara back into her make-up bag. The sudden smell of food filled the two vampire's nostrils and they began to sniff the air, curiously. "Do you smell that? Is that Bacon?"

Evelyn wriggled herself free from his hold and wandered back into their bedroom, whilst Damon rolled his eyes. "Yeah, or some baby she abducted from a nearby village." He commented with a snide smirk.

The brunette attempted to keep her laughter held in, but instead, she turned back to him with a stern look. "She's a vampire, dumbass. She can hear us!" She placed her finger on his lips in an attempt to stop him from saying anything he'd end up regretting. "I said if you couldn't be nice to her, at least pretend. She's your mother."

"No, Evelyn." Damon's gaze was stern. "She is a tool to get Stefan's humanity back because there is no doubt that he and Caroline are fangs-deep in bodies right now. So, the sooner we get our supernatural-born killers out of circulation, the better."

"You're so irritatingly stubborn, you know that?" Evelyn scowled with a huff just as she pulled a pair of blue ripped jeans on, followed by a white jumper.

"Sh." Damon stepped forward and grabbed the brunette's hand with a light smile on his face. "Now, come on, we should probably go downstairs and see what she's actually cooking. Because human flesh smells a lot like bacon."

"Lovely, fresh scent of human flesh to make me up in the morning." Evelyn rolled her eyes as Damon led her downstairs and into the kitchen where Lily had prepared the table for breakfast.