𝐓𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER TEN | WOKE UP WITH A MONSTER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A SMALL GASP LEFT EVELYN AUSTIN'S LIPS AS HER HEAD BOBBED UP AND DOWN. Slowly, she managed to regain a sense of herself and her eyes fluttered open to see the inside of the Grill while she heard Kai Parker's voice droning on and on. The last thing she brunette vampire remembered, as she headed back home to see Damon after she found out that the barrier spell was no more, thanks to Kai, who managed to siphon the entire spell up. But, before she made it home, she was rendered unconscious by the siphon himself.

Evelyn wriggled her hands that appeared to be bound behind a chair with vervain rope. As her skin sizzled and burned, a weakened grunt left her lips. "What do you want, Kai?"

"Uh, well I spent eighteen years in abandoned restaurants, so now I'm showing off the fruits of my labor." The Parker witch shrugged lightly as he continued to cut his food, almost grinning at how weak the Austin vampire was. "Sorry, I'm nervous. You're really pretty."

"Do not let the fact that I'm weakened fool you into thinking I won't rip your heart out," Evelyn spoke through gritted teeth as she eyed up him. "Why am I here?"

"Well, as I'm sure Damon's already told you, I took the spell that was keeping supernaturals out of Mystic Falls, and I, like, absorbed it. Like, ate it, I guess." He smirked and shoved a fork full of food into his mouth. "It's cool, huh? First I eat magic, and then, eventually, I lose it. But, I mean a huge spell like that? I mean, come on. Magic's oozing out of me. It's all over the place. You know, I didn't quite realize I was so out of control until I met the manager of the Grill a few hours ago. And, he was all like, you can't come in here. We're closed. And, you have an unconscious girl over your shoulder. And, I was like, don't judge me. So, then I gave him a heart attack or tried to. All I did was make him vomit uncontrollably, which was like, ugh. Alright, let's stop that. So, I tried again, and I think I broke his spine. I'm not really sure. Because the third time I tried the spell, he kind of exploded in blood."

As Evelyn listened to Kai's deranged ramblings, her eyes widened fearfully. She had truly thought she had seen it all, especially with Klaus and everything in between, but Kai was a true psychopath. "What the hell is wrong with you, you psychopath."

"I just told you, I have too much magic. You know, it wasn't until after my test run with the manager that I realized, if I start to merge with Jo, and my gushing fountains of magic turn her into that guy, then I'm not gonna have a twin for the merge." Kai cleared his throat. "So, Evelyn, that is why you're here. Because I need to get my magic under control by practicing with you. Or rather, practicing on you."

"What, no!" Evelyn fearfully began to thrash against the restraints, but it was no use. "Let me go, Kai."

"Oh, hey. P.S, silver lining. After the manager finally stopped thrashing around, I finally managed a cloaking spell. Thank you. It's easy to do, and undo." Kai muttered an incantation softly and then the manager of the Grill appeared on the table in front of the two.