𝐓𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER TEN | CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVELYN EVENTUALLY PULLED UP TO THE GILBERT'S LAKEHOUSE IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT. As she headed toward the house, she noticed that there appeared to be nobody inside. She was only able to be invited inside by a member of the Gilbert family, but Jeremy was nowhere to be seen. Her head lifted as she heard rustling in the distance, her eyes narrowed in the direction as she let the veins underneath her eyes grow.

"If I were you, I'd turn around and leave me the hell alone." Evelyn hissed viciously as she edged forward and ran her tongue against her fangs but Damon soon appeared with a smirk on his face.

"Rather rude, don't you think?" The Salvatore vampire gave Evelyn his signature smirk. No matter how upset and angry she still was with him, she couldn't help but smile. "Don't suppose you've seen Donovan or little Gilbert running around out here?"

"You mean you don't know where they are?" Evelyn furrowed her eyebrows with a dumbfounded look on her face while Damon shrugged.

"I know where they are, I just can't seem to find them at the present moment and the fact that there are a dozen bloodthirsty vampires running around thanks to Klaus, I'm a little concerned," Damon revealed as soon as Matt stepped into view with a bite mark on his neck and Elena Gilbert by his side. "Oh. Found him."

"What the hell are you doing here?" Evelyn immediately turned her sights to the doppelganger. She was sure that she had left Elena in Mystic Falls and yet, here she was.

"Uh, Matt called me." Elena vaguely responded breathlessly as the human held his hand up to the wound on his neck. "What're you doing here?"

"Get to the house! Hurry!" Jeremy ran up beside the vampire's hand pushed them in the direction of the lakehouse while a dozen vampires followed behind them. "Suns up. They're long gone," Jeremy informed as he turned away from the window and looked at Elena, who was dabbing a towel on Matt's vampire bite.

Damon stepped into the room and irritation suddenly grew onto Elena's face as she stood up. "What the hell were you thinking? All I asked you to do was to teach him how to fight."

"He's not the best student in the world." Damon defended, earning a look from the younger Gilbert.

"Wait. Now, this is my fault?" Jeremy Gilbert scoffed in disbelief considering it wasn't his idea to get Klaus' help.

"Stop talking." Damon then turned back to Elena, who seemed displeased. "Look, I know you're angry but my way was the easiest, fastest, and safest way to complete his mark to get you the cure."

"I don't care about the cure, Damon, not if it means putting the people that I love in danger." Elena shook her head while Evelyn scoff from beside Damon.