Chapter 9: Chase

Chapter 9: Chase

        26 June 2014 - 22:43

       New Orleans, Madi Gras

Jill lost Niall. She couldn't see him...but maybe she could sense him. His aura.

Jill, who was now in the crowd, closed her eyes. She blocked out all of the noise. The excited screams of the people, the noise from the marching band and she especially blocked out the movement of the people around her.

She focused, her eyes still closed. Then suddenly light started flaring up. Jill opened her eyes and saw the auras of hundreds of people. Unlike the streams she saw before, these were their actual auras not just traces of it. The combined auras of all these people looked incredible.

The emotion aura outlining their base aura was all the same colour. Green. The colour of excitement. It looked incredible. It was like an Aurora, but on the ground. It was too much for Jill to find a single persons aura.

After all she hardly had any experience with this sort of thing.

Jill looked around, hoping to find Niall. She didn't find him, but she did see a microphone on a dance stage.

Jill ran towards it. She was still wet from the whole climbing over the waterfall stage escapade.

She got onto the slightly smaller stage.

"I hope this is the last thing I have to climb onto today." She said to herself.

Jill picked up the mic. It made a horrible screech, drawing everyone's attention. They were all watching Jill now.

"Jill! Don't do this." Liam shouted coming out of the crowd. He stood in front of Jill.

"What? Why this might be our only chance? If I can get his attention now then I can get a chance to talk to him. Then I can tell him about you and ask him where to find your body."

"What are you going to say? 'Niall can you please tell me where Liam is'?" Liam asked.

"Not exactly no."

"If you ask him where I am he'll think you're just another fan, he won't tell you. And the only way you can get him to tell you is if you reveal to him that you know I'm dead and if you do that then all of these people will know too and how are we going to explain it when I come back to life. Sure we could tell them the whole story. But how many people will believe us and how many people will want to see us in a mental hospital? Jill this is too risky. For One Direction...and for you."

Jill was surprised by his words. In the few days she had known him, she never saw him this serious before.

Jill stepped of the stage and the Madi Gras continued as though nothing had happened.

Jill looked around again and this time she saw him. Niall, getting into a taxi!

"There he is, let's go!" Jill said quickly, grabbing Liam's hand and dragging him literally through the crowd.

"I'll try and stop them, you get to your car."

Liam said and disappeared in the crowd.

Jill ran in the opposite direction of Liam. Towards her Blue 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited she had the same car and decides to rent the same car. She didn't want to waste time learning how to use the damn thing.

Liam reached the taxi, but he didn't reach them in time, Niall already told the driver the address.

Liam ran around the car, reached inside the car through the drivers side window. He pulled out the keys from the ignition and put it in his jacket pocket.