CH 39: Orange Vodka & Spin The Bottle

Start from the beginning

A look of hurt flashed across his face. He cared for her. He really did. I stood quietly, knowing better than to intervene.

"What are you doing Jayjay? What is...this?-" he gestured from Bryce to her with disbelief and disappointment....and wait for it: jealousy.

Atleast Jay's plan B worked.

Amber appeared by his side, seconds later. I swear she was like a post-it that never left.

Bryce was in toll who took his place next to Jay with his arm around her waist again as if marking his territory.

Morgan upon seeing that action, snickered looking at the ceiling then back down.

Oh here we go with the dramatics.

"Morgan, buddy! Why'd you tap Jay out? Sorry bro, all the guys are asking for their round but she's mine for just one night. And I'm not gonna waste it," Bryce led her away.

"This...is not yours to take care of anymore," she told him quietly into his ear, I managed to make that sentence out despite the loud music.

Scouring his drink and forgetting about me, Amber led him upstairs. Jay and him both locked eyes once more before each turning a corner.

If I weren't so wrapped up in my own life crisis, I'd solve their issue in a heart beat. But I needed to focus on one thing at a time.

We all took a seat at the huge lounge with chatter and laughter bustling all around, the beat of the music bouncing off the walls.The lights were dimmed around us. Another rowdy group were playing beer pong on the wooden deck overlooking the lake.

Brittany joined us with a few of the soccer boys trailing behind her. Some kids from school were dancing all around us, keeping a good distance though since they knew the popular kids were all seated here.

Marcus strode past casually wearing his letterman jacket with a few of the football guys that made a beeline to the gameroom. I knew they all couldn't drink cause of the big game this week. Something about it affecting their stamina and shit.

"Yo Fields!" Bryce hollered at Marcus. They both did that bro kind of handshake.

"Grab a drink, come join us," he nodded at the circle we'd formed where everyone was engrossed in their own small conversations.

"Sure thing," he smiled heading towards the kitchen leaving a lingering stare on me.

"I'm gonna go get a refill," I explained getting up.

"Lay off that alcohol," Bryce warned in a teasing voice.

"Only if you stop groping my best friend," I punched his shoulder playfully making them laugh drowsily. Yup. They were already tipsy.

Getting into the kitchen, I saw Marcus pouring a bottle of water into a red cup. He turned back just as I entered.

"What are you doing here?" His eyes flared coming up close while I filled my drink splashing a bit of vodka.

"Don't worry, I have a plan," I spoke in a hushed tone when other people came in.

"A plan or a death wish?!" He whispered in an angry tone placing his hand on the cabinet above me. I just kept my eyes trailed on the rim of my cup.

Someone coughed loudly in front of us. We both turned our heads sharply to see Amber.

"Not that it's any of my business but are you guys, like a thing now?" She asked excitedly.

"No!" We both said in sync with wide eyes moving apart.

"Shame. Ya'll would've been cute together," she rolled her tongue over her teeth as if assessing us.