xxi

xxi

Please, please, please, don't stop riding the bus.

She hurriedly texted him as soon as she arrived home.

I'll miss you.

Pretty please with cheese?

She threw her phone down on her bed, pressing her hands over her eyes. The rain was harder now, its steady rhythm tapping on the window.

She was so hopeless. Her desperation probably scared Greyson off. She chewed on her lip until it felt raw.

She rolled onto her stomach and hugged her pillow, closing her eyes. How had she fallen so hard? She didn't even realise that, little by little, Greyson was becoming the only part of her life she looked forward to.

She'd never felt this way before. Not for anyone. She never felt the butterflies or the tingles or the electricity that was described in books. She almost began to think it didn't exist.

And then Greyson. Even when she first saw him, she felt something just by the look on his face and the way he moved.

Her phone chimed and she dashed to check it.

Chill out, dude. I'll keep riding the bus.

Don't worry.

Relief rushed through her, and she bit back a smile.

It was such a small gesture, but it made her ecstatic.

Sorry, she typed, I kind of freaked out.

She hesitated before adding, you just mean a lot to me.

She sent the text.

It's okay, he replied, I know how you feel.