xx

xx

She ended up texting Greyson far into the night. It was 11:48 pm, and she couldn't fall asleep. Their conversation had been nothing particularly special, but she still felt breathless.

She couldn't help thinking that maybe she meant something to him.

The next day at school, all she could think about was sitting next to him on the bus.

"A hurricane is coming," said her first period teacher.

Her second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth period teachers said the same. An announcement rang through the speakers.

"School will be cancelled on Monday. Check the school website for further information."

Her eyebrows drew up.

There must have been something wrong with her, because instead of being worried about the hurricane like her fellow classmates were, she was just worried about not seeing Greyson.

She was so, so stupid.

On the bus that day, rain pitter-pattered on the roof.

"School's cancelled on Monday. They even cancelled band practice," she looked at Greyson, trying to take in as much of his face as she could.

Greyson laughed, "They never cancel band practice. Must be pretty bad."

"I really hate thunder and lightning," she muttered, toying with the plastic ring on her finger.

"Yeah, I know," Greyson grinned. She's not sure whether or not she imagined him scooting closer to her, but all of the sudden her thigh was pressed up against his. "You told me last night."

"You remembered?" She asked. He nodded. They were quiet for awhile, listening to the rain hitting the bus.

"I think I'm going to stop riding the bus," Greyson said after a while. They were almost to her stop.

"Greyson," she said, her stomach dropping, "please don't. Who am I gonna talk to then?"

Before he could answer, the bus pulled to her stop.