Chapter Thirty-One

I took the elevator all the way up to the fourth floor and found her room. She was laying in a bed holding Happy's hand crying.

Jen: I fucking hate you.

Happy didn't say anything just looked at me and I smiled. She let go of his hand and told him to get the fuck out of her room. A couple minutes later a girl came in and put her epidural in. She was happy after that. We sat around for a couple hours and she started pushing around 3:30 am but Mr. Knox Micheal Lowman wasn't born until 4:35am.

Name- Knox Micheal Lowman
Birthday- January 31st
Weight- 6 lbs.
Length- 20 inches and a half
Head- 13 inches
Chest- 12 1/2 inches

The nurse cleaned him up and went to hand him to Jen but she wouldn't take him so I did. I was the only one in the room.

Me: what is your problem?
Jen: I'm leaving once I'm released from here. I'm not getting attached to him.
Me: you carried him from 9 months. How can you not already be attached to him?
Jen: I'm just not he looks like Happy and I hate him.
Me: you hate who?
Jen: I hate Happy and Knox.

I couldn't look at her. I wanted to scream at her and tell her she was so fucking stupid. She might hate Happy but this is her baby. She carried Knox for 9 fucking months. The next day she was released but I ended up taking Knox home with me. Happy came over to see him every night.

Happy: I'm sorry.
Me: for what?
Happy: your taking care of my son.
Me: it's not big deal.
Happy: I broke up with Sammie.
Me: why?
Happy: cause I thought I could make everything better between me and Jenelle but she still left.
Me: I'm so sorry.
Happy: it's not your fault. I just wish she would of at least held him once.
Me: he'll know how much you love him.
Happy: I hope so.

That night Happy slept in the nursery with Knox. Happy took Knox home and I was a month away from my due date and I was scaried shitless. I had everything in place in case I did die. I didn't want to die but for Max I would do anything for him. I ended up become best friends with Nikki and Harper. Harper wasn't as bad as Jen made her seem. My scheduled C-section was tomorrow and I was sitting in front of my father's grave talking to him.

Me: daddy if you can hear me please don't let me die. I'm not ready to die. I'm gonna have my baby boy and I have a good guy but if I do die I'm okay with that. I'd do anything for him just like you would do anything for Jax, Thomas, me, and Jen.

I kissed his headstone and left. I went home and Chibs was home already.

Chibs: where did you go?
Me: to see my dad.
Chibs: okay. I made dinner.
Me: yummy I'm starving.

We ate food and had a move night then went to bed. We woke up the next morning and headed to St. Thomas. I checked in and was admitted to the hospital then was taking back at noon.

*Chibs' P.O.V*

I was in the room with Jessica and was waiting to meet our beautiful baby boy but once he was born and they were stapling her stomach she flat lined and I was made to leave. I was standing at the nursery watching my son being cleaned up when a doctor came out and told me the worse news I could of got that moment. They couldn't get Jessica's heart to start beating again and her time of death was 2:30 pm on March 12th an hour after the birth of our son. I kinda just tuned the doctor out and turned back to my son. He was crying and the nurse smiled at me.

Nurse: would you like to hold him?
Me: yes please.
Nurse: alright let go to the room.

We walked to the room and I sat on the bed where my wife was just three hours ago. I got to hold my son and at that moment I knew I would never let anything ever hurt him. I would kill anyone would tried to touch my son he wasn't gonna be taking from me like my Karyann was.

Nurse: dose he have a name?
Me: Max Thomas Telford.
Nurse: that's pretty.
Me: thank you he's mum picked it out for him.
Nurse: I'm sorry about your lost sir.
Me: thank you.

Name- Max Thomas Telford
Birthday- March 12th
Weight- 5lbs. 1.6 oz
Length- 22 inches
Head- 12 inches
Chest- 11 inches

We went home the following day and Jessica's funeral was two days after Max got released. I walked up to my wife's casket with Max in my arms.

Me: I promise you Jessica Telford that I will take care of our son and he will never be hurt.

I kissed a white rose and put it on top of her casket.